is it CHEAPER to pre pay gratuities?

Thank you very much! MY TA said that NCL will add it to the C Card on embarkation day. ;)

Sailing on the Getaway on May 8th. Tried to prepay gratuities a couple of times over the last few days on the web-site with no luck. Today it worked for some reason. As others have noted, it's random.

Sailing on the Getaway on May 8th. Tried to prepay gratuities a couple of times over the last few days on the web-site with no luck. Today it worked for some reason. As others have noted, it's random.

We're on the Pearl May 5th. Same story, prepaying gratuities has not been possible on the website for at least a couple weeks. Today it worked just fine :) Makes the onboard statement so much easier to read.

So true. Unless you get a discount on early payment, why would you want part with your hard earn money so eagerly until it is due?

We prepay our Daily Service Charge because it makes it easier to check our onboard statement with out all the on and off entries for them. We don't usually pay before a month from cruise - - this time we sail in 14 days :) Not like we would make much interest on $270 ($13.50 pp per day for 10 day cruise) even if we paid a month out.

It makes sense for Canadians.. sometimes. If the dollar value is better at the time of booking it makes financial sense to prepay and have the better exchange rate instead of paying the higher exchange rate at time of sailing. Other than that some people just prefer to pay as much ahead of time for whatever reason. It's a preference.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
It makes sense for Canadians.. sometimes. If the dollar value is better at the time of booking it makes financial sense to prepay and have the better exchange rate instead of paying the higher exchange rate at time of sailing. Other than that some people just prefer to pay as much ahead of time for whatever reason. It's a preference.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Yes, this is very true. I booked my next cruise through my TA who had a group. As a result I have the lower DSC and a very low exchange rate. In stead of using the OBC I bought, I will prepay so as to not have the increased fee tacked on when we cruise.

snow bunny