Is bonine sold onboard?

Airportlimbo

Thanks Claudia I was told they give at guest relations before and all they did was direct me to the sundry shop
How strange!

This is very unusual because Meclizine has always been provided free upon request at Guest Relations on every Celebrity cruise we have taken.

We have heard that it is also provided free of charge at the medical center, although we always got ours at Guest Relations.

Also, the shops onboard ship typically don't open until after the ship leaves port, and people prone to seasickness usually want to take their medication before then to give it time to "kick in" before the ship starts moving.

Edited by fleckle

Looks like the Amazon route might work. It's cheap enough that I won't care too much if it gets stopped at the border

It won't....I've taken all sorts of medications and have never had a problem with customs or airport security. Any over-the-counter medications are no big deal. Better to be safe and get it before and be ready when needed.

How strange!

This is very unusual because Meclizine has always been provided free upon request at Guest Relations on every Celebrity cruise we have taken.

We have heard that it is also provided free of charge at the medical center, although we always got ours at Guest Relations.

Also, the shops onboard ship typically don't open until after the ship leaves port, and people prone to seasickness usually want to take their medication before then to give it time to "kick in" before the ship starts moving.

We've been able to pick up meclizine from the ship's medical office. There's usually a box with small packets of tablets on a table. We didn't even need to sign in.

Yes Gravol is the same thing and you can get it over the counter at any drug store. They have several different kinds. The best is ones with ginger in them. They do not make you drowsy.

There are two types of Gravol products.

One is Gravol NATURAL which is just a ginger product.

The second type of Gravol products is NOT the same as Bonine, however it is the same as the original Dramamine (the original can cause drowziness form, not the newer NON-Drowzy which is the same as Bonine.)

bosco

Gravol won't work for me as it knocks me right out. I've tried the ginger version to little effect. I've seen the sea bands here so I may give them a try. It sound like barring any bizarre sale I should be able to get it on board.

You may be able to find it at the airport when you land. I always take it each night before going to bed starting the night before the cruise starts. I have had experience with seasickness and I wouldn't want to repeat it 😝 ginger did nothing for me except give me a headache and I cannot even eat it anymore.

Bev

Thanks Claudia I was told they give at guest relations before and all they did was direct me to the sundry shop

I was able to get some free at guest relations (for free) on a 4/2/16 sailing on the summit, no questions no hassle - they were awesome about it

Meclizine is available from Guest Relations, no charge. Just ask them for medicine for sea sickness. I suppose if you ask for a brand name such as Bonnie they will direct you to the sundry shop.

You know I stand corrected, it was generic they provided

100% not available in Canada. It's not a prescription or location issue. There's a few old threads about its absence up here.

I get mine in Canada from a compounding pharmacy. No prescription need. About a dollar a pill so not as cheap as in the US but I like to have it before I go.;)

Edited by Max Bet

Can't you get Gravol over the counter in Canada? It's a different drug than Bonine but treats the exact same things.

I can't use gravol, makes me feel like crap all day. Bonine is a completely different drug.

It's not available in Canada, but wondering if they will have it for purchase on board the Millennium from Vancouver to Alaska?

Bonine (Meclizine) is available onboard all ships, 24 hours a day, at no charge to guests who are feeling sea sick. Guests can visit either the Medical Facility or the Guest Relations Desk to obtain the medication.

I've never taken meclizine - does it work well even after you start feeling sick, or do you need to take it before as a precaution? I would prefer to avoid meds if I can, and if I know it will work at the very first sign of feeling "off" then I will wait and see if I need it.