Double check your Delta flights

gacruiser123

For any of you flying Delta, I suggest confirming and re-confirming your flights. My flight number changed, so yesterday, I spoke with customer service and they had me on a flight that doesn't even exist, plus it was 3 hours earlier than my original flight. I called back minutes later when I realized this and another rep had me on a different flight, that also did not exist. She changed it to a flight that was closest to the one I originally booked. You can search flight schedules on Delta's website.

Also, don't assume what is showing on your online itinerary is even correct, it wasn't in my case. Even what the agents were seeing was not correct. Check the flight schedules first to see what is available and then make your call.

I did not have to pay any fee to get changed to the flight that was closest to my original flight.

My sister was not notified that her Delta flight from FLL to JFK next month was cancelled. When I noticed it, she called and was rebooked on another flight; however, now I am concerned because the flight is very empty and I understand that they are consolidating flights. Hopefully if they do, they will consolidate onto her flight as she needs to be at JFK in time for our flight to Barcelona. The next flight only gives her about 40 minutes to transfer which would be okay if it were on time, but you know the odds of that!

Archived