Anthem Super Studio Oceanview

Here are shots of cabin 6248 I took on a roll call cabin crawl I did while on Anthem this past winter. It is similar to 6648 but has a mirror layout being on the opposite side of the ship. Balcony is very large especially for a one person cabin and the inside area was fine for one.

attachment.php?attachmentid=382985&d=1460902453

attachment.php?attachmentid=382986&d=1460902453

P1040884a.jpg.bfe5e23eb11f0403d3252e0850967dbf.jpg

P1040886a.jpg.2316d90393e4daf0a47cf8cde57e1795.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Just booked a super studio ocean view for Oct 2017. This 9 night sailing is $1,593. Is this a good price for a solo cabin? Any thoughts on cabin 6648.

Many thanks

What is your C&A status? If Platinum or above, are you figuring in your balcony discount?

That's more than I would pay for a cabin that only gets single points.

This specific cabin has an enormous balcony, possibly larger than the cabin itself! I had it on the Quantum last February. The cabin is "snug", but as Rob said, the bathroom is full-size. You can take a shower and gaze out at the beautiful landscape outside your balcony slider.

Here are some pictures:

IMG_2223_zps7995d7d6.jpg

IMG_2224_zps40221271.jpg

IMG_2225_zps18d9e846.jpg

IMG_2226_zps49b6d551.jpg

IMG_2227_zps0cdc4211.jpg

I loved this cabin. Balcony was enormous!

Cabin measurements: Approximate sizes are:

1). Cabin door direct to back wall - 13 feet

2). Cabin width - about 8 feet 4 inches (100 inches)

3). Balcony door area - 16 inches to outer lip and 67 inches wide

4). Balcony width - about 8 feet 4 inches

5). Balcony long side - 16 feet

6). Balcony shirt side - almost 11 feet

7). Bathroom - 53 inches deep by 62 inches wide with one corner angled for door.

8) Bed is 55 inches wide and 75 inches long and is square on the end.

The cabin is not completely a rectangle. Each cabin door is recessed about 28 inches from the edge of the hallway. The back of the bathroom is recessed into the 28 inch areaon one side of the door, so it doesn't overwhelm the visual of the room. Doors open out instead of in, which is really good.

On entry to the cabin the side of the bathroom is only 23 inches before the bathroom door angle starts going out to 41 inches.

I booked one of these for our Anthem of the Seas "do over" cruise next Feb. (We were on the infamous "cruise to nowhere" with the 150 mph winds.) I'm looking forward to trying this size cabin. Looks perfect for one person who doesn't spend a lot of time in the cabin anyway.

I can't really compare the price because my cost included the 50% off the fare of the original cruise which was as a solo cruiser in a regular balcony cabin. And anyway, it pretty much came out as a free cruise because we got the original fare refunded...pretty sweet!

Thank you TeeChi for the question and EVERYONE (138east, Merion_Mom, and Robtulipe) for the replies. I read a review on CC that the rooms on Deck 6 (Anthem Super Studio Oceanview) were obstructed and I was concerned. I am no longer concerned, based on the pictures and comments here, I am satisfied with my choice. I will be sailing in June in one of these rooms. TeeChi, I will take plenty of pictures, so if you want pictures, keep in touch. :) The amount you are paying for the 9 day sounds great to me, I'm paying about the same for ONLY 5 days, but I needed to wait until my son was out of school (I am assuming I'm going during a higher priced time frame).

I had 7648 on the Quantum last year for a 12 night and a D4 this month on the Anthem. The SB has less than half the storage space but I made it work and as others have said, LOVED the balcony. It's also in a very convenient location, just past the aft elevators

Just booked a super studio ocean view for Oct 2017. This 9 night sailing is $1,593. Is this a good price for a solo cabin? Any thoughts on cabin 6648.

Many thanks

I'm staying in cabin# 7248. I'm ok with a smaller room, the balcony will make it seem bigger with the extra space. My total was $1,630.26 and came with $122 obc to go towards the gratuites.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks for posting pics! I booked 648 today for November 2017. The studios on deck 7 are already booked, and so is the 6:30 dining time. I saw a comment somewhere on the net that said it was close to the lifeboats, but it looks like the view is great! My 7 day sailing was 1385.84 with $50 OBC.