Manta Ecuador hit with huge earthquake

NALUGIRL

The Marina is scheduled to port on May 1. I haven't gotten any announcement if will still port there. Anyone in the know? We also booked a shore excursion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately, there is a huge devastation in Manta. I have been watching the Ecuador TV and even heard the Mayor of Manta this morning is not looking good for Marina on May 1. I did not booked any tours but was planning on doing some shopping. Can't fight Mother Nature. ;)

praying for the victims [emoji120]🏻

Unfortunately, there is a huge devastation in Manta. I have been watching the Ecuador TV and even heard the Mayor of Manta this morning is not looking good for Marina on May 1. I did not booked any tours but was planning on doing some shopping. Can't fight Mother Nature. ;)

praying for the victims [emoji120]🏻

So sad. Good wishes to all the victims. Hope they recover quickly. :):)

Betty,

As sorry as I am to see this news I'm not at all surprised. After reading reports of the devastation there, it's hard to see how they could have kept that port of call. I sent a sympathy note to the group that gave us a private tour last year but they haven't been able to respond. (Not that I expect one.)

Mura

P.S. I just looked at the itinerary for the April 28th cruise and it is still showing Manta. I imagine it will be deleted fairly soon.

Edited by Mura

Maybe this helps:

http://www.whatsinport.com/Fuerte-Amador.htm

and this:

http://www.biomuseopanama.org/

"Biomuseo. The Bio Diversity Museum is designed by world renowned architect Frank Gehry in his first incursion in Latin America, the building was conceived mainly to tell a story: how the emergence of the Isthmus of Panama changed the history of our planet." (text from the Ponant website)

The museum is on the way to Panama City and relatively close to the tender port.