Cruise Countdown Activities!

So, with more than 280 days before sailing, I strolled to Battery Park at lunch time today to gaze across the river at Anthem of the Seas :-) Saw Northstar going up and back down, and then strolled back to my office to continue the cruise countdown. I took a few photos, which make the ship seem much further away than it appeared at the park. What, if anything, do you do to motivated during long cruise countdowns?

1461006827045.jpg.40f7a88c39754f8fef3cf642ff17f864.jpg

1461006829569.jpg.18bbdd8b18454888f9d2ecc397281286.jpg

1461006911961.jpg.643b1a13a25ace8a3ebbff6fd4f48f41.jpg

1461006925636.jpg.d7224dcb1ff3d1c5796525b0141877f2.jpg

Edited by PGPrendy

For me, I do some of the following:

1. Join the roll call. I get to communicate with people on the same cruise. It gets the conversation going and allows for some Q&A if something comes up. This is where some ship activities can be planned as well as private excursions, assuming enough people are engaged. It helps make the time pass before the cruise and you, also, have made some friends.

2. This won't apply on your upcoming cruise, but when they open up, I start looking for the price drops on my flights. By doing this early, we have been able to get some great first class airline tickets.

3. Again, this shouldn't apply for you but I also look at hotel accommodations to see where we want to stay. I also make reservations.

4. I do extensive research on the ports of call as well as the ship itself. When the time is right, I will make the reservations for excursions and prepay (only on the ship) what I can. that includes any packages or specialty dining.

5. I spend a lot of time here on CC to pick up hints or ask questions. These people here have a lot of insight on the cruising world.

Hope some of this is a benefits. Have a great cruise.:)

Larry

I spend a lot of time here on CC to pick up hints or ask questions. These people here have a lot of insight on the cruising world.

Hope some of this is a benefits. Have a great cruise.:)

Larry

Thanks for the cruise countdown survival tips, Larry :-) Yes, CC has been very informative with regard to the ports, the ship, and RCI in general - as this will be our first RCI cruise. Enjoying the countdown!