Agadir and Canary Islands shore excursion

carmel40

Hello.

We are going on a Britannia cruise to Portugal,Canary Islands and Morocco in 4 weeks. We usally choose our cruise based on destination, however this time it was chosen based on the ship.

Having looked over and over again on the excursions avaialble from P & O, there is nothing really jumping out at us.

I have booked the Mountain of Fire excursion for Lanzarote. The ony one that is jumping out at me for Agadir is Taurodant and Farmhouse. Would love to hear from anyone that has done these excursions, or any other suggestions for things to do at the ports of call would be greatly aprreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

If you are confident with independent tours. http://www.viator.com do a good selection of Morocco Agadir tours. The difference with independent tours is that they will not delay the ship's departure if you return late. So it is important to check all the minute details very accurately, making sure they are consistent with the port call arrangements the cruise line has and have a plan to return to the ship by taxi or whatever in an emergency. I have used viator in the past for helicopter tours and found them reliable. They are a central agency working with local operators on a world-wide basis. Often you can email questions beforehand if you want to clarify details.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

I have done the Lanzarote Fire Mountain excursion, best thing we did in the Canaries, really enjoyed it. It's very busy in the National Park but we left the ship early and it was all very well organised. We had a late lunch back onboard and then had a wander by the ship where there were several shops open.

Are you calling at Lisbon? We used the Hop on Hop off bus there and got off at Belem which was lovely. Went to the top of the Monument to the Discoveries which only cos about 4 Eur and had a fantastic view from the top. P&O do a river boat exursion but we saw the boats just a few minutes away from the ship so you could do that yourself easily I would think.