Vista Cabin Choices

MistyRo76

Getting ready to book our next cruise on the Vista for next fall! It will be myself, my hubby and our three year old (at that time). When we took our daughter on her first cruise last fall, we had a balcony cabin on the Lido deck on the Breeze. We loved the location - close to the pools, kids activities, food. And the balcony was great for when the little napped or after she went to bed at night...gave the hubby and I a place to hang out.

Trying to figure out if we should stick with the Lido balcony or try out the Family Harbor Cove Balcony instead. Not sure if I like the more enclosed balcony that you get with a Cove. And the location isn't ideal for us. But the amenities are great! The price for each are very close...I think only about $45 total more for the Family Harbor Cove as compared to the Lido standard balcony.

I know the ship hasn't started sailing yet...but would be interested in hearing others thoughts!

Thanks!

Misty

When are you planning on sailing? We reserved for next April and had little options as far as ocean view rooms. We ended up with an inside cabin with 2 portholes. I am thinking the rooms are getting booked quite fast.

When are you planning on sailing? We reserved for next April and had little options as far as ocean view rooms. We ended up with an inside cabin with 2 portholes. I am thinking the rooms are getting booked quite fast.

I thought the same thing. I was checking to see what was available, and it looked like the balconies and suites were sold out. )-:

I totally love cove balconies, so much more than standard balconies! It's the only balcony that I feel is worth extra money. However, those family harbor coves are right below the galley/kitchen. Many people have reported noise at all hours from above when staying below the galley. Not for every room below the galley, but for many of them. It's a gamble. To avoid the galley, you would need a cove forward of the midship elevators, but none of those are family harbor rooms.

For me, I would probably go with the family harbor deluxe oceanview, with the 1.5 bathrooms, if I wanted the family harbor part of it. If the balcony were more important, then I would go with the cove below the midship dining room (totally silent almost all the time), or for you, the lido balcony.

Thanks for the tips and feedback! We aren't sailing until Nov. 2017 (so far away!!!), so there are still quite a few cabins left. But we are planning on getting booked this weekend. Can't wait!

I'm still torn...i would like to try a Cove sometime, but being below the galley doesn't sound appealing to me. We DEF. want a balcony...so great for when the kiddo is napping or sleeping at night. Great place for mom and dad to hang out and enjoy a drink! Hadn't considered the Cove midship (non Family Harbor edition). Could be an option for us...but still might be leaning toward balcony on the Lido.

Wish I could wait until some peeps have actually sailed on her to get actual first hand feedback! Anxious to start reading some reviews!

Thanks all,

Misty

If I'm reading my deck map correctly, cabins 2382 and 2386 are standard Coves (not Family Harbor) that are under the Chef's Table room, so there should be very little galley noise there.

Also, Coves 2270-2350 (port) and 2273-2357 (starboard) are under either the Atrium lobby or the Reflections dining room. Specifically, 2270-2280 and 2273-2283 are under the Shore Excursion desk and Guest Service desk, respectively...they may also have very little noise from above.

We're booked! Decided to stick with what we know and book the lido balcony. The potential noise issues with the Family Harbor Cove Balcony being under the galley outweighed the other benefits with that cabin category.

Can't wait to read the first Vista reviews soon!

Misty