six nations on sea screen?

the owen clan

As much as I'm looking forward to the cruise booked a 704 it coincides with the biannual rugby pilgrimage to Edinburgh which I will now miss for the first time In 8 years Please someone tell me the games will be shown on board or at least in a bar on an island

You're very welcome to Edinburgh and glad you enjoy your visits- there's great atmosphere around town. However, sadly, you won't be able to follow the boys on the ship, well you certainly couldn't this year. The Entertainments Manager said the company they use to supply live sport just didn't offer it, in response to the complaints he got.

As much as I'm looking forward to the cruise booked a 704 it coincides with the biannual rugby pilgrimage to Edinburgh which I will now miss for the first time In 8 years Please someone tell me the games will be shown on board or at least in a bar on an island

They have a 24 hour sports channel on board. They showed all the home nations matches in the Rugby World Cup when we were on Azura in September so I imagine the 6 Nations will also be shown. Although it may be in Brodie's rather than the Sea Screen. This is a link for more information, which will no doubt be updated nearer the time. https://ask.pocruises.com/help/life-on-board/sport24

I hope this helps.

Eddie

They have a 24 hour sports channel on board. They showed all the home nations matches in the Rugby World Cup when we were on Azura in September so I imagine the 6 Nations will also be shown. Although it may be in Brodie's rather than the Sea Screen.

You're very welcome to Edinburgh and glad you enjoy your visits- there's great atmosphere around town. However, sadly, you won't be able to follow the boys on the ship, well you certainly couldn't this year. The Entertainments Manager said the company they use to supply live sport just didn't offer it, in response to the complaints he got.

That's a real shame. We really enjoyed the Rugby World Cup matches back in September on Azura. But if they don't have the rights to show it there's not a lot that can be done!

Eddie

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Has stated devastated to miss going too one of the best cities I've been too but at least a cruise will soften the blow. Will be in amber cove on the 25th of February rather than auld reeky. Wasn't optomistic just hoping it would be on somewhere. My only hope is through wifi in the port and watch it on a tablet but that's a doubt as well .

Thanks for your help anyway.

They have a 24 hour sports channel on board. They showed all the home nations matches in the Rugby World Cup when we were on Azura in September so I imagine the 6 Nations will also be shown. Although it may be in Brodie's rather than the Sea Screen. This is a link for more information, which will no doubt be updated nearer the time. https://ask.pocruises.com/help/life-on-board/sport24

I hope this helps.

Eddie

They have a 24 hour sports channel on board. They showed all the home nations matches in the Rugby World Cup when we were on Azura in September so I imagine the 6 Nations will also be shown. Although it may be in Brodie's rather than the Sea Screen.

Thanks I will check it out. Don't care where I watch It as long as I catch the game

• 9 months later...

I left Oceana E701 last Wed. First round 6 Nations was not shown nor will future games be shown on P&O ships for 2017. The issue was taken personnally to the Entertainments Manager and, by a close colleague, to the Captain. Neither could facilitate despite the flood of requests/complaints regarding the (non) showing. Summarised their response was that Carnival Plc, who control spend, would not facilitate the circa £270k needed to purchase the "show" rights for the 6 Nations. The Captain, a rugby over football fan, was sympathetic but that will not help my phone bill for 5 minute updates from my son who watched and gave commentary to a very receptive audience.

Whilst most certainly not anti round ball game, it was frustrating to see a constant live showing of games in the main bar areas. But at least it made for a distraction from the seemingly endless round of quizzes that dominated sea day entertainment!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just bumping an old thread. If anyone has just returned from the carribean did they have the rugby on board azura or in any of the ports on Saturday or sunday.

Thanks in advance

I will be in Barbados that day with Britannia. Whenever us Scots run in a try I will raise a glass of rum to you, and I expect you to do them same to me when the Welsh score. Whatever the score, we will enjoy, as ever.

I will be in Barbados that day with Britannia. Whenever us Scots run in a try I will raise a glass of rum to you, and I expect you to do them same to me when the Welsh score. Whatever the score, we will enjoy, as ever.

Neither of you are going to get drunk then :rolleyes:

The company that shows sports on ships is called 'Sport 24'.

It is, therefore, the channel that decide what will be on, not P&O or Carnival.

The website address for this channel is http://www.sport24-tv.com for anyone who wishes to check what is going to be on their ship (or indeed plane!). For instance today they are showing the Arsenal V Hull game, followed by Man Utd V Watford.

We follow American Football, but Sport 24 only shows that on planes, not ships. You can't win them all, and frankly I think it's great that you can see any live sports on ships. It wasn't that long ago you couldn't see anything at all.

The company that shows sports on ships is called 'Sport 24'.

Totally incorrect - just visit the RBS 6 Nations website and they list the worldwide broadcasters.

It is up to the particular cruise line to subscribe to the broadcaster's service. P&O have decided not to pay for this service whilst Princess Cruises who are also owned by Carnival Corp have subscribed. RCL who own Celebrity Cruises have also subscribed to this service.

CruisePuss - you need to check your facts before you make comment.

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone who will fancy catching up with the last 2 games of this years championship. As stated by other posters its not shown on board the ship but regrettably managed too watch the game in amber cove in the bars on espn3.

Not a good result personally but a great atmosphere had amongst the celts in a small corner of the Dominican republic.

For anyone who will fancy catching up with the last 2 games of this years championship. As stated by other posters its not shown on board the ship but regrettably managed too watch the game in amber cove in the bars on espn3.

Not a good result personally but a great atmosphere had amongst the celts in a small corner of the Dominican republic.

I watched the game in Barbados and was happy with the outcome..been waiting too long