Bilbao and La Coruna with a toddler

rmjb

Hi I have asked this on the destination board but no luck as yet. Does anyone have any suggestions of things to do in Bilbao and La Coruna with a 2 year old. Long coach trips are not an option. Thanks in advance we go on B612 on 2nd May 😀

Hi I have asked this on the destination board but no luck as yet. Does anyone have any suggestions of things to do in Bilbao and La Coruna with a 2 year old. Long coach trips are not an option. Thanks in advance we go on B612 on 2nd May 😀

if the weather is nice, in La Coruna that was a guy next to where the ship berthed. He had an electric tricycle/rickshaw. You sat in a seat in the back and he did all the hard work. Would that be suitable. As it is small it can go where tour buses cannot go and further than we or a 2 year old could walk. We had lots of fun. The guy spoke good English as well. I am sorry but I cannot remember the price, but we thought it was worth it..just for the fun of the ride.

There's a big children's playground right next to the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, plus a massive statue of a dog made of flowers, known as Puppy. The museum itself does toddler art sessions, but maybe that's more during school holidays?

In La Coruna there's the Aquarium Finisterre.

Maybe there are some nice beaches near the port?

It's a very short trip into Bilbao from the port. The area around the museum is very nice with the dog and the (maybe scary) spider along the riverside. We took the funicular up the hillside which is great and affords a superb view.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the ship docks at Getxo for Bilbao there is a beach and small aquarium there if you don't fancy the shuttle bus.

The beach is walking distance in Coruña if your child is in a buggy (I managed to carry my 3 year old son most of the way last time we were there but it was tough going!).

There is also a fabulous science museum Casa de las Ciencias in Coruña though your child may be a bit too young to fully appreciate it yet (though there is lots of interactive exhibits).