Early Saver Downgrade Actually Happened

Long story short, changing from a regular balcony to a cove balcony is considered a downgrade (who knew? i didn't) and early savers are not usually allowed to downgrade. However, my PVP gave it a shot and it worked. She isn't even sure why but it worked and the difference between price is OBC. If any of you are willing to try, give them a call. You never know.

Glad it worked out for you but consistent is not one of Carnival's virtues. I have no idea why they break their own rules.

Could be someone wanted that cabin (the non-cove balcony) or it was one that held more than 2. Businesses do what helps themselves...

I was told that a true downgrade is one that goes from say a balcony to OV. Changes within the category itself are allowed. At least that's what my PVP told me a while back when I asked. I bet if you tried that the system wouldn't allow it.

I also have a friend that's booked on the Magic for this summer. They stupidly picked a room that is under the main kids water area. I told her to call and see if they could get it changed. The rep said yes, they could change to any lower class balcony. They are also booked ES.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I was told that a true downgrade is one that goes from say a balcony to OV. Changes within the category itself are allowed. At least that's what my PVP told me a while back when I asked. I bet if you tried that the system wouldn't allow it.

I also have a friend that's booked on the Magic for this summer. They stupidly picked a room that is under the main kids water area. I told her to call and see if they could get it changed. The rep said yes, they could change to any lower class balcony. They are also booked ES.

I tried once to downgrade from a 4C to a 4B since I was on a b2b and wanted to get the same cabin and the cabin had become available for both legs.

I was told NO downgrades. Was told if the 4C became available on both legs that I could upgrade. (That never happened).

I talked to several different CS Reps and even a supervisor. Was told every time going from a 4C to a 4B is not allowed with ES since it is a downgrade.

I tried once to downgrade from a 4C to a 4B since I was on a b2b and wanted to get the same cabin and the cabin had become available for both legs.

I was told NO downgrades. Was told if the 4C became available on both legs that I could upgrade. (That never happened).

I talked to several different CS Reps and even a supervisor. Was told every time going from a 4C to a 4B is not allowed with ES since it is a downgrade.

Well I don't know. All I can report on is what I've been told and what happened to my friend.