Escape Dinner Times

hockeyguru32

There is only 1 buffet. It is open 6am to 9:30am, although selections are limited until 7:30am, then it's open 11am to 3pm, and then 5:30pm to 9:30pm. I know these times can vary a bit sometimes.

So the buffet is completely closed between meal times, not just with reduced offerings? Breakfast at 10am isn't really all that late, particularly on vacation.

So the buffet is completely closed between meal times, not just with reduced offerings? Breakfast at 10am isn't really all that late, particularly on vacation.

I've found that often you can go in when it's closed and find something to grab. For the most part, they are switching over from one meal to the next. Items may be out, but covered in plastic so you can't access anything. It would be really difficult to make a meal.

As someone else said, O'Sheehan's is open 24 hours though, so you won't starve if you want a really late breakfast.

We often ended up in the buffet for snacks of some sort after 3:00. It wasn't the full buffet, but enough to eat. At one point, we ate and then went back for something, but that part of the buffet was closed down (maybe it was closer to 4:00 at this point). So you will be able to find something to eat, but it may not be the most elaborate choices.

It was always nice on Carnival to come back after a shore day and grab a burger or burrito or some limited offerings from the buffet before dinner. It sounds like that is still an option, just in different places?

You won't starve, I promise. I'm picky and always had food options galore.

Trust me, I know I won't. And really it wasn't so much for me, although I would get something, but it was nice being able to get my son a snack before dinner. Of course as long as the ice cream machine works, he'll be happy.

Trust me, I know I won't. And really it wasn't so much for me, although I would get something, but it was nice being able to get my son a snack before dinner. Of course as long as the ice cream machine works, he'll be happy.

My son is addicted to the ice cream, lol.

My son is addicted to the ice cream, lol.

Isn't that the truth. Until our last cruise my son didn't even know what an ice cream cone was. Suddenly he was the same as your son. He had always liked ice cream, just never tried one of the sugar cones before.

It does say 24/7 Garden Cafe snacks, so that's good!

As others pointed out "24/7" is just NCL's way of saying "outside of normal meal times" Only O'Sheehan's and room service are truly 24/7 but Garden Cafe is open the vast majority of the time (at least with snacks) from 6 am - 11:30 pm.