Cape Liberty, NJ cruise parking help...

I'm sorry I've been searching for a couple hours for the right place to ask this question but nothing I've found is what I need help with...I would so appreciate assistance please.

Myself, my mother and my 2 little ones are driving from Florida to Cape Liberty to board a family cruise on July 28th-August 6th on Anthem of the Seas.

I've looked online and from what I could find, there is an off-site parking facility (not sure I can mention the name of the place), that isn't far, is indoor and reasonably priced. My concern is my mother who cannot walk too far without pain in her legs. She needs to be dropped off as close to the ship as possible. We have never been to Cape Liberty. What would our best option be...getting a shuttle from this off-site location ( I don't know how close they drop us off to the ship), or the on-site parking terminal? Will she have to do a lot of walking from the parking terminal? I know it cost more to park at the parking terminal and that's fine for convenience, but I want my mother to be comfortable as this is her first cruise.

If we end up parking at the cruise terminal, do we need to reserve a spot? I don't want to drive 2 days only to get there and be turned away because they're filled to capacity.

Thanks for any help!!

I'm sorry I've been searching for a couple hours for the right place to ask this question but nothing I've found is what I need help with...I would so appreciate assistance please.

Myself, my mother and my 2 little ones are driving from Florida to Cape Liberty to board a family cruise on July 28th-August 6th on Anthem of the Seas.

I've looked online and from what I could find, there is an off-site parking facility (not sure I can mention the name of the place), that isn't far, is indoor and reasonably priced. My concern is my mother who cannot walk too far without pain in her legs. She needs to be dropped off as close to the ship as possible. We have never been to Cape Liberty. What would our best option be...getting a shuttle from this off-site location ( I don't know how close they drop us off to the ship), or the on-site parking terminal? Will she have to do a lot of walking from the parking terminal? I know it cost more to park at the parking terminal and that's fine for convenience, but I want my mother to be comfortable as this is her first cruise.

If we end up parking at the cruise terminal, do we need to reserve a spot? I don't want to drive 2 days only to get there and be turned away because they're filled to capacity.

Thanks for any help!!

If you mom can't walk long, she should bring a wheel chair anyway. This will save her from tiring on the ship. Park at the port

We cruised out of Port Liberty last Oct. And there was a brand new indoor garage right next to the terminal were we parked. Easy walking distance to the entrance to the cruise terminal. I would think that it is still open because it was built for the purpose of cruise ship parking.

You will be able to drop her off right at the front doors and then go park your car.

I am not judging....but my head is spinning. You are driving 2 to 3 days, here to NJ from Florida for a cruise that goes to:

Bermuda, St. Martin, Puerto Rico and Labadee with two little children and a mom that has mobility issues? You have the best ships in the world in Florida that go to all of these places (excluding Bermuda, perhaps) .....My question is....WHY? The ship is going right back down to where you started and then you have to drive ALL the way back.

Edited by champagne123
mmmmm

I just parked at Cape Liberty on Monday. There are no reservations for the parking garage. The garage itself is multiple levels and seems to have plenty of spaces. All traffic goes by the passenger / luggage drop off areas in front of the terminal. You could drop off your mother and children as well as luggage before driving the short distance to the garage. The walk from the garage exit to the terminal is around 150 yards. You pay the $20 a day fee as you enter the garage with credit cards being accepted. As I'm still on Anthem right now I can't comment on the procedure at departure.

Parking at the port couldn't be easier or more convenient. It's a very short walk to enter the terminal. You pay as you pull in. When the cruise is over, it's just a short walk to the garage and you are on your way.

Edited by holden0301

Thank you SO much for all the info, I will definitely park at the port then.

My mom has SOME mobility issues, but is very stubborn about using any devices for help (wheelchair, scooter) at this point, BUT I do believe I will rent one for her on the ship because she has no idea how much walking is involved.

Champagne, I TOTALLY agree, however, we are native New Yorkers and our entire family lives in NY...this is a family cruise that was planned by our NY relatives and we were invited. The deal was TOO good to pass up, trust me. ;0)

Thank you SO much for all the info, I will definitely park at the port then.

My mom has SOME mobility issues, but is very stubborn about using any devices for help (wheelchair, scooter) at this point, BUT I do believe I will rent one for her on the ship because she has no idea how much walking is involved.

Champagne, I TOTALLY agree, however, we are native New Yorkers and our entire family lives in NY...this is a family cruise that was planned by our NY relatives and we were invited. The deal was TOO good to pass up, trust me. ;0)

Well, that explains it...This was so confusing to me. I hope you and your family have a WONDERFUL time. We cannot wait to board this ship...:):):)

Thanks for any help!!

As others have recommended, parking at Cape Liberty is the best option.

The cost is $20 per day (cash or charge/pay when entering parking garage).

There are only two elevators in the garage, wont be an issue arriving but when disembarking you will most likely have to wait in line to board the elevator.

I tried an offsite parking facility in Bayonne (it was not indoor) and I would never use it again though I did read on this site that they were no longer in business.

Park at the port. Parking is right next to the ship, it couldn't be any closer.

First you drop your luggage off, then your mom can be dropped off right at the entrance to the terminal (after you drop your luggage off you pass right by the entrance) then you can go park and meet the rest of your family inside the terminal. This is how we do it with my dad.

The line to drop off luggage can get quite long by late morning early afternoon, so pack some patience. Or do like we do fill out our cruise documents as soon as they are available - about 90 days out. This enables us to choose the earliest arrival time or a later time if you choose.

I live here. Park at the cruise port, it's extremely safe and the garage is brand-new. It's covered, it's well-lit, and you'll be able to get right back into your car when you get out.

The off-site places are going to be in Jersey City, Newark and Elizabeth. You don't want that.

Just be aware that there's construction going on at the 14A interchange of the NJ Turnpike. Leave extra travel time and follow the signs for 440 to the cruise port. If you wind up on Ave E instead of 440, you can still get to the cruise port so don't worry, just follow the signs.

Happy Cruising!