Ice

Ask your room steward for ice. They will (or should) keep the bucket filled if you ask. Did on our last trip. You can also get ice on the lido deck. AFAIK, there are no guest-accessible ice machines. Its even better than a finer hotel - the steward brings the ice to you.

Will have a bottle of Whiskey for me and Champagne for the wife. Are there Ice machines on each floor, and an Ice bucket in each room, such as a finer hotel?

No. Unlike hotels, there are no ice machines on each deck of the ship. If you need ice and/or an ice bucket, just ask your cabin steward to get it for you. Be sure to give him/her an extra tip at the end of your cruise. Also, I'm guessing you'll be ordering the liquor from the Fun Shops. You won't be allowed to bring a bottle of whiskey on board with you.

Will have a bottle of Whiskey for me and Champagne for the wife. Are there Ice machines on each floor, and an Ice bucket in each room, such as a finer hotel?

remember that ice buckets, even in finer hotels, are often used as vomit buckets, to wash things like socks, even as ash trays. Since the people that do these things often run a little water through them after they are done, the service folks don't realize what has happened and they get a quick wipe when cleaning and may not get disinfected. If you use one, make sure they use a disposable plastic liner.

The above posters are correct, not only for Carnival, but for any line and ship that sails out of the US. USPH requirements for ice machines and handling of ice are such that guests are not allowed access to the machines. Ice buckets are also sanitized in a glass washer at least every cruise.

As stated above, there are no guest accessible ice machines, except at the Lido beverage station. Even, then I think:confused:, the ice is brought up from the galley and added to the dispensing machines.

We always bring a collapsible cooler with us, and ask the steward to keep it filled twice a day.

However, when boarding, you will generally not have any ice. So, call room service and ask them to bring you ice. They usually bring it in a beer bucket size container. You can then ask your steward to keep the bucket filled with ice as well as the little metal ice buckets. :)

But...room service is not always available right away after boarding, so Lido is still your best bet to get ice as soon as you board for your Fun Shop purchased spirits:)

The service door for the room stewards are always open. I just walked in and helped myself to ice when the steward was not around, no big deal.

So where might one find the Stewards service door? There must me multiple on each floor with the number of rooms that there are per floor????

The service door for the room stewards are always open. I just walked in and helped myself to ice when the steward was not around, no big deal.

That's gross. There is a reason you are not supposed to do so.

Room steward usually won't bring ice until after muster. You can get some on Lido or ask a bar for ice in the bucket of beer bucket sans beer. I take a collapsible cooler and put it in the shower as it condenses.

And my question to you is did you follow the same USPH requirements as the cabin stewards do? Did you use gloves, did you ensure the scoop was not left in the ice bin? Did you ensure the scoop did not contact your ice bucket? There are reasons for these procedures, and the guests will be the first to bitch and moan when illness breaks out onboard.

I can't think of a ship that didn't have at least one steward's pantry on each deck, usually one at each end, minimum.

Aside from using the small ice bucket in your cabin, consider bringing a collapsible soft side cooler with you. Your steward will keep that filled up for you, also!;)

This is what we did on our last cruise and it worked out perfectly. I asked the cabin steward once that was all it took. He made sure that it was full of ice each time he came into the room. We will definitely do this again.