Anthem of the Seas - Any Questions?

Is there such a thing as a "precruiseplanners desk"?

I am planning to meet some Cruise Critic members for dinner at a couple of specialty restaurants. Only I could get a reservation for the relevant dates/times. I e-mailed the RCL dining email to see if they could assist me and I was told to (1) just tell the host what size table I need when I go to dinner and (2) that the other members could go to the precruiseplanners desk to make their reservations.

I assumed, once on board, that we would go to either the restaurants or guest services to make reservations for everyone and get sync'd up (I don't think it will be an issue). But, I don't think I've ever heard or read of a "precruiseplanners desk". Does that exist? Or, is that just a confusing answer? Thank you.

HUH?

So, for example, you could book Chops but they could not get the same time and day? There is NO guarantee that when they board, they will be able to book the same day and time that you have. Just telling the Maitre D' of Chops that you really want a table for 10, not for 2, won't matter if they don't have room.

If this is NOT what you mean, please explain further.

No such thing as a "precruiseplanners desk". :eek:

HUH?

So, for example, you could book Chops but they could not get the same time and day? There is NO guarantee that when they board, they will be able to book the same day and time that you have. Just telling the Maitre D' of Chops that you really want a table for 10, not for 2, won't matter if they don't have room.

If this is NOT what you mean, please explain further.

No such thing as a "precruiseplanners desk". :eek:

Yup - that's basically it. Really, it's just 3 people one night and 4-5 another. Now, I know that that RCL dining e-mail is supposed to be for traditional dining, but I was hoping they could provide some direction for me. But, this was the response I received:

Since your reservations are for the specialty dining , when you check in with the hostess on the evening of your reservation they will accommodate your request. For the others please have them contact our precruiseplanners desk for assistance to book.

I'm going to guess that she didn't see that I said the reservation time isn't available and she meant that they reserve it via the online cruise planner. But, because she said "desk" I thought I would ask even though I have never heard of such a thing (because - hey, it's Anthem so maybe it's different!?) Thanks for confirming what I was already thinking! We will plan to do what we originally had planned on doing.

Yup - that's basically it. Really, it's just 3 people one night and 4-5 another. Now, I know that that RCL dining e-mail is supposed to be for traditional dining, but I was hoping they could provide some direction for me. But, this was the response I received:

Since your reservations are for the specialty dining , when you check in with the hostess on the evening of your reservation they will accommodate your request. For the others please have them contact our precruiseplanners desk for assistance to book.

I'm going to guess that she didn't see that I said the reservation time isn't available and she meant that they reserve it via the online cruise planner. But, because she said "desk" I thought I would ask even though I have never heard of such a thing (because - hey, it's Anthem so maybe it's different!?) Thanks for confirming what I was already thinking! We will plan to do what we originally had planned on doing.

Oh, she meant NOW. Have the others use their Cruise Planners or call in and get help NOW, before your cruise, to get them linked with you or at least booked at the same time as you.

Not a place on the ship. A place at RC shoreside services.

Hi everybody! We will cruise for the first time in that class of ship and we don't know how to get on that "needle" with a cabin (sorry I even don't know the name of it) on the top of the ship to see over. I apologize for the question, but I didn't find any info for it.

Guest maddycat

I think that you are referring to the North Star. You get to it from deck 15. Once you check in you walk up a flight of stairs to the North Star.

You can make a reservation online before your cruise. You can also go as a standby. It was raining on the day that I had a reservation so I didn't go. I went on another day as a standby.

Hi everybody! We will cruise for the first time in that class of ship and we don't know how to get on that "needle" with a cabin (sorry I even don't know the name of it) on the top of the ship to see over. I apologize for the question, but I didn't find any info for it.

quantum11.jpg

Thank you very much! You understand me perfectly - I was thinking about the Noth Star. So we will make a reservation online, but if it will be raining, we can always try the standby, if it isn't too long.

Thank you, have a nice day!

How were people dressed for dinner on all nights? I have not sailed RCCL in a long time so I am wondering if there is still two "formal" nights? We dress for dinner every night and even Celebrity has gone less "formal". Too bad, we really liked dressing for dinner in our formal attire. Gone with the times I guess. WE will be eating in the main dining room (not sure how the new dining plan works) with our grand children early seating.

Thank you for answering! Sounds like you had a great cruise.

Happy Sailing. Carol

How were people dressed for dinner on all nights? I have not sailed RCCL in a long time so I am wondering if there is still two "formal" nights? We dress for dinner every night and even Celebrity has gone less "formal". Too bad, we really liked dressing for dinner in our formal attire. Gone with the times I guess. WE will be eating in the main dining room (not sure how the new dining plan works) with our grand children early seating.

Thank you for answering! Sounds like you had a great cruise.

Happy Sailing. Carol

The Grand is the formal restaurant

When do they kick you off? During the online checkin we entered noon, do they really let you stay on that long?

We have a late afternoon flight and would rather stay on the ship as long as they let us rather than sitting at the airport.

Guest maddycat
When do they kick you off? During the online checkin we entered noon, do they really let you stay on that long?

We have a late afternoon flight and would rather stay on the ship as long as they let us rather than sitting at the airport.

On our April 8 sailing, I think that the latest departure time was 10:30.

My wife and I are booked on the Anthem (17 Apr 2017). At this time we are set-up for 8:30 Classic 2 and on a waitlist for Classic 1 6:00PM. I am wondering if it would be to our advantage to ask for Dynamic Dinning and make our own dinning reservations in the future and try to get the 5PM dinning. Thanks.

My wife and I are booked on the Anthem (17 Apr 2017). At this time we are set-up for 8:30 Classic 2 and on a waitlist for Classic 1 6:00PM. I am wondering if it would be to our advantage to ask for Dynamic Dinning and make our own dinning reservations in the future and try to get the 5PM dinning. Thanks.

You can give it a try but it's likely that DD is booked as well.

Hello,

Like my title says, I'm sorry about re-asking this question if it's been asked 100 times already, but if I buy the Voom 1 Device package on Anthem, does it mean one device throughout the whole cruise or one device at a time? Can you switch back and forth if you log off?

Thanks!

Guest maddycat
Hello,

Like my title says, I'm sorry about re-asking this question if it's been asked 100 times already, but if I buy the Voom 1 Device package on Anthem, does it mean one device throughout the whole cruise or one device at a time? Can you switch back and forth if you log off?

Thanks!

One device at a time. Yes, you can log off and switch between devices.

Guest maddycat

I'd try. If you do get DD choice you won't have any trouble getting 5:30 dining times.

I am booked for an October, 2016 cruise and am used to Master Dining Room setup. I don't understand what I do for the Dynamic Dining. We don't want any specialty dining offers - just a 5:30 eating time. Freebees. Do I sign up on the website for the 5:30 time and they tell me where to go to eat. I am really confused. This sounds so different to me. We could not get the Classic Dining.

I am booked for an October, 2016 cruise and am used to Master Dining Room setup. I don't understand what I do for the Dynamic Dining. We don't want any specialty dining offers - just a 5:30 eating time. Freebees. Do I sign up on the website for the 5:30 time and they tell me where to go to eat. I am really confused. This sounds so different to me. We could not get the Classic Dining.

If you can't get classic dining, then you would make reservations at the 4 different restaurants for your cruise on the cruise planner page. The classic dining has a set rotation through the 4 restaurants which I have heard you get on the day of the cruise. With the Dynamic Dining, you choose which place to eat on which day at the time you want.