Transatlantic cruise immigration wait times

In about 2 weeks I will be taking the Navigator from Fort Lauderdale to Southampton. I am trying to book a bus from southampton to the airport and was wondering how long I should account for immigration and customs at Southampton? If it was Schengen I wouldnt even consider that time as usually they are very fast but as being entry into the UK, i know they are more like the US when it comes to border protection. The ship is scheduled to arrive into Southampton at 5:30am

DD and I walked our luggage off in Southampton, pulled it up the street to the Premiere Inn (where we had stayed pre-cruise), had a nice breakfast, went shopping across the street (the inn kept our luggage) and then we pulled out bags a little farther up the store to National Express for about an 11:45 bus. There were earlier ones. The main difference though is ours wasn't our ship's first arrival. That might delay the process a bit.

Immigration/customs at Southampton is just about non existant. We aren't as paarnoid as you lot!!:D Walk off will be about 7am, first 'proper' disembark about 7.30am. You should be OK for any coach after 8.30am (its only a 20 minute walk to the coach station if you had problems getting a cab, which you won't!). Of course, you could go for a later disembark, more civilised breakfast and miss the masses and get a later coach.

Simon

In about 2 weeks I will be taking the Navigator from Fort Lauderdale to Southampton. I am trying to book a bus from southampton to the airport and was wondering how long I should account for immigration and customs at Southampton? If it was Schengen I wouldnt even consider that time as usually they are very fast but as being entry into the UK, i know they are more like the US when it comes to border protection. The ship is scheduled to arrive into Southampton at 5:30am

We are on the same cruise and have booked a train at 11.20.

On the Independence TA in 2014 UK immigration boarded in St Maarten, and you were given a time to go to the dining room to be processed during the sea days. Took longer for me to get to the dining room from where I was than to be processed :)

On the Independence TA in 2014 UK immigration boarded in St Maarten, and you were given a time to go to the dining room to be processed during the sea days. Took longer for me to get to the dining room from where I was than to be processed :)

Now THATS civilized immigration procedures!

Do us British have to to go though this as well ?

Never needed this on a Europe cruise

Surely they know who is on the ship from first boarding,

All our europe cruises returning to Southampton, we just walk off and are in the car on our way in 5 minutes

Edited by bogofman

Do us British have to to go though this as well ?

Never needed this on a Europe cruise

Surely they know who is on the ship from first boarding,

All our europe cruises returning to Southampton, we just walk off and are in the car on our way in 5 minutes

It's for everyone, but I think it's only when the cruise starts outside Europe, such as a transatlantic.