Cruising with kids RCL, NCL?

Rob_Jen

We have sailed on RCL, Carnival, Princess pre kids and enjoyed them. Our kids are 11 and 8. We have sailed on Carnival with the kids a few years back and did not like that much. We have been sailing on Disney and the kids enjoy it allot.

We are booked to go on a DCL this year but looking into other options as well as the prices are climbing compared to most ships (RCL new ships are getting up there but cheaper). On Disney the kids enjoy the pools/activities during the day. At night they like going to shows and to diner then off to Camp for a few hours (until 11-12) while us adults finish dinner and go walking around or to some adult only shows/clubs.

When looking at other lines RCl/NCL and daily stuff is the same but at night that is different. I don't think our kids would want to sit though normal shows and magicians/singers. So that means we wont be going to the shows. What is there for families/kids to do other than camps in the evening? Are there kids shows or places that are family oriented in the evening? Any examples would be great.

Don't want to dump the kids in the camp all night long either but they will go at some point as they enjoy it. At 11 and 8 they will not be able to roam the ship by themselves either.

On Royal Caribbean's Oasis class ships, there are aqua theater shows, ice shows and a Cirque de Soleil show. There's also rock climbing, flowriding, ping pong, mini golf, the carousel and I'm sure there's a bunch of things I've either forgotten or don't know about. Their Voyager class and Freedom class ships have many, but not all of the above.

But honestly, at that age, my kids just begged to go to the kids club.