Just scored 20% discount on the Allure 6/5/16 sailing!

sjudis

OK, Help me please.

What is the basic difference between Premium Package and Ultimate Package?

I don't care about the brand of alcohol, but I would like to be able to get some basic frozen alcohol drinks like Pina Colodas or Darquiries. Can I get these with the Premium Package?

Pretty sure the difference has nothing to do with alcohol. The Ultimate has the coffees, fresh squeezed juice and Sparkling Water with it. If you just want mixed drinks you'd be good with the premium. They also both include beer and wine up to a certain dollar amount. Select is beers and wine, no mixed drinks. Pretty sure they all include soda. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by 3happyferrets

I paid 404.74 back on April 4th for one Premium package, how much was your original price pp? Just curios because if I can get 20% off 404$ that would be a deal!

Me too and that's what I can't figure out. That's been the price for a premium package for a while. $49*7*1.18=404.74. I check often for a discount but haven't seen any.

See OP's Post #2. They said Select in error - she meant that's what they had paid originally for the Premium Package. She was lucky enough to score 20% off the $404! :D I'm still checking my cruise - no luck yet....:(

OK, Help me please.

What is the basic difference between Premium Package and Ultimate Package?

I don't care about the brand of alcohol, but I would like to be able to get some basic frozen alcohol drinks like Pina Colodas or Darquiries. Can I get these with the Premium Package?

The alcoholic drinks you can get are identical between the Premium and Ultimate packages.

Ultimate adds to Premium: fresh squeezed juices, bottled sparkling water, and specialty coffees and teas.

$809 doesn't sound like any discount for Premium. $49/pp/pn is the regular price for Premium.

49 x.18 = 8.82

49 + 8.82 = 57.82

57.82 x 7 = 404.74

404.74 x 2 = $809.48

Did you mean the ultimate package?

$809 doesn't sound like any discount for Premium. $49/pp/pn is the regular price for Premium.

49 x.18 = 8.82

49 + 8.82 = 57.82

57.82 x 7 = 404.74

404.74 x 2 = $809.48

Did you mean the ultimate package?

That was the original price the OP paid for the Premium Package. They were able to cancel that purchase and then re-purchase to get 20% off that original price.

Edited by YadaYadaJodi
edited for clarity

Pretty sure the difference has nothing to do with alcohol. The Ultimate has the coffees, fresh squeezed juice and Sparkling Water with it. If you just want mixed drinks you'd be good with the premium. They also both include beer and wine up to a certain dollar amount. Select is beers and wine, no mixed drinks. Pretty sure they all include soda. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me

The alcoholic drinks you can get are identical between the Premium and Ultimate packages.

Ultimate adds to Premium: fresh squeezed juices, bottled sparkling water, and specialty coffees and teas.

Thank You!!! That's what I thought, but then I questioned myself and I know that this is the best place to clarify

That was the original price the OP paid for the Premium Package. They were able to cancel that purchase and then re-purchase to get 20% off that original price.

I see. The way the OP read to me, she paid $809.

Just got the discount for 5/29 FOS sailing. Refunded my $809 for 2 premium packages (5-7 business days), and paid $621. $188 savings. Was painless to call and switch it out. Sergio did it for us in minutes. Very competent and cordial. Seemed happy we were getting a better deal.

I bought two select packages for our 7 day sailing for 809.00

I have been checking daily for that discount that has been available on other ships and sailings and finally mine came up!!

Canceled the original purchase and got two new ones with the discount saving over 200. It pays to check your cruise planners daily!!

How did you get this discount on a 7 day sailing? Did u book online or over the phone?

So I just called Royal and it's only on ships sailing 9 +days, or before May 22 on Allure. That answers my question why I saw no discount. I'm bummed.

That's not right. My may 15 sailing on Freedom is offering 20% off.

How did you get this discount on a 7 day sailing? Did u book online or over the phone?

If they are offering the discount, it will show up in your cruise planner on Royals website.

Now I'm as confused as ever. I was on my cruise planner on the Royal website and it shows in red, that they are offering 20% off. Go to book it and discount isn't being applied. Call em up, my cruise length and date doesn't apply ?!?[emoji848][emoji848]. June 12 -for 7 days

I got the discount. Spoke with another representative and it was no trouble at all. I didn't realize that the prices on the cruise planner already show the discount. I thought you take an additional 20% off the listed price. My bad[emoji16]

So I just called Royal and it's only on ships sailing 9 +days, or before May 22 on Allure. That answers my question why I saw no discount. I'm bummed.

Not true. That's what the first guy told me.

I hung up and called back.

They transferred me to someone else and I was able to get it.

We are doing 7 nights on Oasis.

Went from $404 pp to $310 pp.

Yes, we are happy campers!!!!:D:D

Now I'm as confused as ever. I was on my cruise planner on the Royal website and it shows in red, that they are offering 20% off. Go to book it and discount isn't being applied. Call em up, my cruise length and date doesn't apply ?!?[emoji848][emoji848]. June 12 -for 7 days

I would keep calling. The first guy I talked to just couldn't be bothered, and you could tell in his voice..:rolleyes:

Hung up and got a nice woman who took care of it in 3 minutes.

Good Luck!!:D

I just purchased a premium drink package with the discount. I would have preferred the ultimate package but it was not listed. I called RCCL to inquire about the ultimate package. The rep checked with a supervisor, according to them the discount should not be available. She told me if the website allowed me to buy it then I should as they would not allow me to purchase through them as it should only be available for sailing up to May. I'll just upgrade to the ultimate later so that I still get the benefit of the discount. I took a picture of the discount page as it appeared on my cruise planner. Buy it before they realize their error.

I just purchased a premium drink package with the discount. I would have preferred the ultimate package but it was not listed. I called RCCL to inquire about the ultimate package. The rep checked with a supervisor, according to them the discount should not be available. She told me if the website allowed me to buy it then I should as they would not allow me to purchase through them as it should only be available for sailing up to May. I'll just upgrade to the ultimate later so that I still get the benefit of the discount. I took a picture of the discount page as it appeared on my cruise planner. Buy it before they realize their error.

Trying to get this straight. Royal implied that website is in error and the discount should not have been available to you?

I called last night and got some run around, then transferred to a "call back during business hours" but this morning I called and was able to purchase the premium on my May 21st Oasis sailing for $310.58, no questions asked.

:D