St Thomas/St John Runners

OhioMike2016

Will be in St Thomas in 2017 (April). Would like to get off the ship and run on some land. To my fellow runners:

How is running in there (i.e. traffic, road conditions, hills, safety)?

Any routes or things that would be good to run?

Must see things that I should include in any run?

How is the weather in April?

Hi, Mike!

April can be hot, but of course, one can't say a year in advance. Carnival is the end of April and can change traffic in town a bit. Typically the last week has parades, a food fair, an early morning street party, etc.

The best and safest route is along the waterfront. If you get off the ship at Havensight, find Mojo's Bar, near Port of Sale Mall. From there you can run all the way to Crown Bay on a sidewalk. It is flat and the first part is scenic, along the waterfront. It is 3 mile to the second (last) driveway into the Crown Bay terminal. Turn around for a great, fast, flat 6 mile run. Obviously, if you are docking at Crown Bay, do the same route in reverse. And if you want a shorter run, turn around earlier. :D

• 3 months later...

I wasn't sure if you were hoping for more info. The post gave the most popular option, but if you want to run further, you could make the right at the 3 way stop at Homeland Security/Nisky Center before getting to Crown Bay, run up that block to the corner, make the left, run along the sidewalk to Airport Rd, make the left, and run all the way to airport.