selfserve laundry on the ruby princess

Friendlysimmer

Hello to all if i am in the worng forum feel free to move this to the right forum,

november 26 i will be taking a cruise on the ruby princess but i have a question about the selfserve laundry on the dolphin deck witch is also deck 9 mini suit d501 i would like to know what the washer dryer brand on the dolphin deck are are they coin op or token operated maytag or speed queen?

Thank you in advance for any answers

Hello to all if i am in the worng forum feel free to move this to the right forum,

november 26 i will be taking a cruise on the ruby princess but i have a question about the selfserve laundry on the dolphin deck witch is also deck 9 mini suit d501 i would like to know what the washer dryer brand on the dolphin deck are are they coin op or token operated maytag or speed queen?

On the Island last month, you used your cruise card to buy the tokens right in the laundry room. $3 to wash, $3 to dry. Neither of us can remember the brand of machines. I will tell you that we purchased 3 in 1 laundry sheets, a 10 pack for about $6 online. They worked great! NO static cling at all!

Happy Sailing!

Thank you for letting me know we will have brought from home some detergent tabs in or luggage if any one have pictures of the self serve laundry of deck 9 on the ruby princess would give me the time to study the room layoutt:)

Thank you for letting me know we will have brought from home some detergent tabs in or luggage if any one have pictures of the self serve laundry of deck 9 on the ruby princess would give me the time to study the room layoutt:)

vyqy8esu.jpg

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2232829 On same sailing with you in Nov. There is a roll call page link above if you already haven't found it.

• 3 weeks later...
On the Island last month, you used your cruise card to buy the tokens right in the laundry room. $3 to wash, $3 to dry. Neither of us can remember the brand of machines. I will tell you that we purchased 3 in 1 laundry sheets, a 10 pack for about $6 online. They worked great! NO static cling at all!

Happy Sailing!

I appreciate the answer about the Island, but does anyone know if the Ruby has also converted from quarters to tokens?? Thanks!

Lynn

You swipe your room card to buy the washer, dryer and detergent tokens. If you can bring your own travel detergent and fabric softener I recommend it because it's one of those machines where the box of detergent comes down and you have to pry it out with something of jam your fingers in there to fish it out. I recall it being $7.00 a load including detergent.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

You swipe your room card to buy the washer, dryer and detergent tokens. If you can bring your own travel detergent and fabric softener I recommend it because it's one of those machines where the box of detergent comes down and you have to pry it out with something of jam your fingers in there to fish it out. I recall it being $7.00 a load including detergent.

Thanks! We were on the Royal in February and it was tokens there, but that was the first time we had encountered laundry tokens on a Princess ship. No need to take quarters with us in August!!

Lynn

• 1 month later...
So how do you get the tokens? Do you purchase from a machine or at guest services?

There will be a machine in the laundry room to swipe your card to purchase tokens. I guess you might have to go to Guest Services if the machine is out of tokens.

Lynn

My DW and I both did laundry on our Ruby cruises (Alaska last August and Hawaii this January). What we remember is that the washers and dryers were some European brand. Sorry don't remember what the brand was. They are token operated, btw. The washers, dryers and irons all worked great for us on those cruises.

Does the brand really matter???

On the Ruby in May, tokens were used. On Caribe deck the laundry room ran from port to starboard with 4 washers and dryers that were not in very good shape. The dryer drums were chipped and had "stuff" baked on them. They're more than ready for replacement.