Luggage Tags

leekristina25

Porters have tags that need to have the info written on them.

Simply follow the folding directions on the tags. Could reinforce with packing tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

First time cruiser. So I just had a random thought and would like to know if I should buy luggage tags and put my e-documents in them before-hand or does the cruise line handle this?

You can print your luggage tags from your "Cruise Manager" page where you complete your online check in. Fold them following the instructions on the sheet and wrap them around the handle or other appropriate place on the luggage and staple the ends together. Before I bought some clear plastic luggage tag holder for our bags, I would reinforce them with clear plastic packing tape because I worried about them pulling off when the bags are being transported to the ship/room.

I finally bought the clear plastic luggage tag holders (http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=46) and find them sturdy enough that I don't worry about rough handling pulling the tags off my bags. If you are an Amazon Prime member you may find a good deal on them there if you are interested.

We bought clear plastic luggage tag holders from our local AAA office for the bags we check. They're specifically made for cruise ship luggage tags which we print from the Carnival "My Cruise Manager" page (Click Manage then My Booking - you'll see a To Do box with the Print Documents Link)

You just attach the luggage tag to your luggage - the Boarding Pass you carry with you to check-in.:)

You can print your luggage tags from your "Cruise Manager" page where you complete your online check in. Fold them following the instructions on the sheet and wrap them around the handle or other appropriate place on the luggage and staple the ends together. Before I bought some clear plastic luggage tag holder for our bags, I would reinforce them with clear plastic packing tape because I worried about them pulling off when the bags are being transported to the ship/room.

I finally bought the clear plastic luggage tag holders (http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=46) and find them sturdy enough that I don't worry about rough handling pulling the tags off my bags. If you are an Amazon Prime member you may find a good deal on them there if you are interested.

I am an Amazon Prime member and I found a 5 pack for 7.95 which seems reasonable.

If you are super cheap like me, you can fold the luggage tags as directed, then tape them with packing tape to reinforce them, then seal them with tape around the handle of the bags. I put 2 tags in each bag and one inside just in case.

Good advice!

First time cruiser. So I just had a random thought and would like to know if I should buy luggage tags and put my e-documents in them before-hand or does the cruise line handle this?

Just staple your tags on your luggage.

I print ours out, then cut them out, fold them in half, then I laminate them.. Use a hole punch to put a hole in the tag, then secure the tag using a zip tie..

That's exactly what I do and have never lost a tag.

I don't want to attach the tags before leaving home.

Taking scissors, tape, and/or stapler seemed like an un-necessary hassle. :-)

Thus ... we bought the cheap plastic tags .. no fuss ... no muss ... after 5 cruises they still look like new.

Edited by summersigh

Welcome to cruising and to cruise critic! The luggage tags have always worked fine for us as designed, but we bought the tag holders because, when we fly, we don't put the tags on until they are in the rental car the morning of the cruise. Getting a stapler from the hotel front desk has never been a problem, but I always feel weird doing it. So I sprung $15 and look forward to a slightly simpler routine. Also plan on putting name stickers on the holders so I don't have to bother writing names on in the tags in the future.

Buy the tag holders on this site and support CC. LAMANATE STAPLE TAPE. REALLY?

We use the packing tape method. Printer ink runs when wet. In SoCal it rarely drizzles when we need, it POURS.

I don't want to attach the tags before leaving home.

Taking scissors, tape, and/or stapler seemed like an un-necessary hassle. :-)

Thus ... we bought the cheap plastic tags .. no fuss ... no muss ... after 5 cruises they still look like new.

We mostly drive to the port lately, so we use supplies from home.

Anything beyond this is overkill.

Agreed....Although we don't have a stapler at home so we use ducktape to tape the ends together. Have always put them on before leaving home and NEVER lost one (in 7 cruises) including the first 5 where they went through flights (always with 1 layover so they switched planes too) and always have had to cut them off when we returned home.

Porters have tags that need to have the info written on them.

Simply follow the folding directions on the tags. Could reinforce with packing tape.

Good advice. We do the same.

• 2 weeks later...