Luggage Tags

leekristina25

For quite a few cruises I did the fold/hole punch/packing tape/cable tie method but that was a bit of a PITA so I went to Amazon and purchased the cruise luggage tags. They were really inexpensive and I think I purchased about 8 of them.

I've used them on the last three cruises and I love them. Just print your luggage tags, fold and slide into the tag holder and attach to the luggage. It takes about 30 seconds.

If you are flying, it is advisable to put your cruise tags on after you reach your final destination. They are pretty durable but in the event they come off you may not have another to put back on and then you have to get them at the pier from one of the baggage handlers.

Take care,

Mike

If you are super cheap like me, you can fold the luggage tags as directed, then tape them with packing tape to reinforce them, then seal them with tape around the handle of the bags. I put 2 tags in each bag and one inside just in case.

Actually purchasing the luggage tag holders is less cost efficient. You purchase once and reuse again and again. You will not need to keep purchasing packing tape. The luggage tag holders pays for themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Actually purchasing the luggage tag holders is less cost efficient. You purchase once and reuse again and again. You will not need to keep purchasing packing tape. The luggage tag holders pays for themselves.

It would probably take 100 cruises until you use enough packaging tape to break even. I view time as more valuable. The tags are pretty cheap so I bought them and its quicker and I feel safer this way. I would rather spring for the $8 tags than spend hours looking into lost luggage

I usually carry on my one piece of luggage with the tag secured at home to the bag by packing tape.

I usually fly in the morning of the cruise, so the airline sometimes handles my bag.

I've had luggage tags put on with packing tape that flew to Rome and Fairbanks, Alaska, then went to different hotels prior to the cruise. In Alaska, there were 3 or 4 hotel stops on the land portion prior to boarding the ship.

In all cases, the luggage tags were still secured to my bag and I had to remove them prior to debarking.

Packing tape applied correctly, is extremely strong.

Hello friends! I like this topic, which made me think to ask this question. I am leaving for my cruise on the 29th and have everything printed out. My question is that should I just put the luggage tags on the bags being checked/scanned? Or should I also put one on my carry-on bag too? It's been 5 years since my last cruise and the person I am bringing, this is her first cruise, so I just want to make sure I am prepared. :)

Hello friends! I like this topic, which made me think to ask this question. I am leaving for my cruise on the 29th and have everything printed out. My question is that should I just put the luggage tags on the bags being checked/scanned? Or should I also put one on my carry-on bag too? It's been 5 years since my last cruise and the person I am bringing, this is her first cruise, so I just want to make sure I am prepared. :)

You only need to put the tags on your checked bags given to the porters.

You dont NEED to put it on carry on. I however usually do, just in case. Never had an issue but since its no extra work to add to carry ons I do it just in case

FYI - I too bought the plastic luggage tags at Amazon and they are great. Once a suitcase didn't show up in our room, so my husband went to guest services and got it. It had lost the luggage tag which I had applied using packing tape. After that I was paranoid about it so I used a lot of tape! Hence the plastic covers!

If the cost of luggage tag holders at 2 for $2.79 at AAA or a roll of packing tape is a real financial issue enough to get one's panties in a wad over then that person probably shouldn't be springing for a cruise.

Just sayin' .... :rolleyes:

If the cost of luggage tag holders at 2 for $2.79 at AAA or a roll of packing tape is a real financial issue enough to get one's panties in a wad over then that person probably shouldn't be springing for a cruise.

Just sayin' .... :rolleyes:

Just because you are careful with money doesnt mean you shouldnt cruise. I sprung for them because it makes things easier but it was a tough decision. Not because can I or can I not afford it, because I don't like being wasteful with money. Not saying cheap, just not wasteful. If there is a cheaper, just as effective option, we go for a more expensive one? In this case I said because of time

68666762609b8575f0893243b4a954ef.jpg

This is the luggage tag that I use. I previously used the one with the vinyl loop but It came off of my suitcase. I now use the stainless steel loop. This is by Shacke. It is wider and sturdier than the 1st one I had. Easy to use and reuse.

http://www.amazon.com/Luggage-Tag-Cruises-Princess-Norwegian/dp/B01BFSUPVE?ie=UTF8&keywords=shacke%20cruise%20luggage%20tags&qid=1462421456&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Edited by OceanBreezeFam

68666762609b8575f0893243b4a954ef.jpg

This is the luggage tag that I use. I previously used the one with the vinyl loop but It came off of my suitcase. I now use the stainless steel loop. This is by Shacke. It is wider and sturdier than the 1st one I had. Easy to use and reuse.

http://www.amazon.com/Luggage-Tag-Cruises-Princess-Norwegian/dp/B01BFSUPVE?ie=UTF8&keywords=shacke%20cruise%20luggage%20tags&qid=1462421456&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Awesome! Thank you so much for the picture & review. It may be wishful thinking but as I order these my hope is that they last through several cruises a year for a good dozen years or more!

How did it come off? Any idea? These things seem really strong and you need to bend it to get it off.

I always print extra copies of the luggage tags and put them on top of my stuff in my suit case. There is no extra cost in doing this, and if something happened to your tag they'll know who it belongs to the second the suitcase gets opened.

How did it come off? Any idea? These things seem really strong and you need to bend it to get it off.

This one (stainless steel loop) did not come off. On a previous cruise I had the one with the vinyl strap that came off.

Edited by OceanBreezeFam

This one (stainless steel loop) did not come off. On a previous cruise I had the one with the vinyl strap that came off.

Right, I am asking how the vinyl strap came off. In order the get it on you need to fold the tag part in half. I cant see a scenario where it just came off by iteself

Right, I am asking how the vinyl strap came off. In order the get it on you need to fold the tag part in half. I cant see a scenario where it just came off by iteself

Hmmm I thought the same thing. We were a family of 7. Mine was the ONLY one to come off. Funny thing is I was the one to put the tags on everyone's suitcase. I tugged on each strap to make sure they were secured. The only thing I can say is I watched as the porter took our suitcases and mine was buried beneath everyone else. I was fortunate my son found my suitcase because of my identifiable handle wrap and tag. Now we have the steel loops. I'll keep you posted on these.