Traveling with a minor child

cakerkid1

A little white lie about the father being deceased is our plan of action next week (if asked) because GF's ex is being a pain

Hope you have a little white death certificate. If you don't, CBP has the right to detain you until they can verify whatever satisfies them and when they find out the father isn't dead and you knowingly lied you won't be boarding a ship...

That is IF they ask. they may not ask at all. may not ever come up. But if it does I strongly advise you do NOT lie...

But that's only if you are flying into Mexico, no? A closed loop cruise from the US doesn't require this unless I am misreading this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When I cruised with my daughter to Mexico I was told by the the cruise line (Carnival and RCCl) that I needed the letter. When I flew to England I had no issue whatsoever. Hope the OP gets it worked out.

Candi

It travelled in Europe with my DS and daughter when her dad stayed at home. When we read the policy it does say that you need the letter if only no parents are travelling with the child. Read the terms and conditions. If they specify you don't need a letter I recommend printing out the terms & conditions