What are the Elite drink perks

bogofman

Do celebrity have similar perks to Royal caribbean?

3 free drinks during the happy hours, or only free drinks in the lounge?

If there are not too many Elites and above, then there will be a cocktail party, with free drinks from 5-7, most nights.

If there is a large number of Elites and above on the cruise, they may use coupons. Typically you would receive 3 per day per person, for use between 5 and 7 at most bars on the ship. This often happens on TAs. I think you are limited to the types of drinks that would usually be available at the cocktail party.

No coupons and no cocktail party on embarkation day, and replaced with the Senior Officers party one evening.

Does the party take place in the room at the front of the ship above the gym?

On solstice class ship

Or in Michael's bar? Each day

I seem to remember people entering around 5pm dressed formally

Are these events formal?

Next celebrity we will be elite courtesy of royal diamond we move upto :)

Edited by bogofman

Does the party take place in the room at the front of the ship above the gym?

On solstice class ship

Or in Michael's bar? Each day

I seem to remember people entering around 5pm dressed formally

Are these events formal?

Next celebrity we will be elite courtesy of royal diamond we move upto :)

We have been Elite since 2012, and in our experience the party has always been in the lounge at the top of the ship, on both M and S class. The events are not formal as such, but at a minimum I think smart casual dress code would be the expectation. I think shorts and bathing attire are not permitted. People are often dressed for dinner when they attend, so attire would match the dress code of the day. There are no formal nights now, only smart casual and chic, that is probably what you will see.

We actually had a discussion with the Captain's Club host on our previous cruise. It seemed that some dress code rules were not being enforced. Her take was to allow leeway. For example, if it was a port day she said she would not say anything if people were too casual, for example, in shorts, since they may have come directly to the party after just getting back on the ship. We had a number of sea days and with what we saw, she appeared reluctant to deal with it.

Michael's is now limited to Zenith and suite guests.

Congrats. As much as we love the cocktail parties, we really appreciate the laundry and internet time!

The Elite Cocktail Hour is usually held in the Sky Lounge from 5-7 pm. There are appetizers served as well. There is a menu of drinks that are available. It has not been crowded in the Sky Lounge because of the large number of cruisers having beverage packages over the last year or so.

If there are a large number of Elites, they have offered coupons to be used at select bars but we have never experienced this.

There will be a letter in your stateroom when you arrive advising you where and when the evening and morning events are held. It can vary from ship to ship or cruise to cruise. Michaels Club now is for Suite and Zenith members only.

Edited by dkjretired

I wish they would expand the hours for the Elite event each night. We have late seating dinner and like a few glasses of wine about an hour before dinner. Having the Elite event end at 7 PM gives us an hour and a half before dinner. If we are on a later shore excursion, we might not be able to make the Elite event as we'd have to shower and get changed from a day in port.