New to Cunard

Prunella1

We will be sailing for the first time with Cunard on the QM2, crossing from New York to Southampton on the 6th July this year, we will be in the Queen's Grill.

I have two questions, firstly although we have never sailed with Cunard before, but many times with Seabourn, I notice on our V P that we are Gold Tier! How can that be and what benefits does that bring? Also it appears that we are able to book alternative dining on our VP. I don't seem able to do this. Should we wait until we board and ask our Butler or do they get booked up before we even sail?

We are very much looking forward to the experience, it has long been a wish of my husband to sail on a liner into Spithead, oh that's another question, will we be sailing in the night before or very early the next morning?

Gold status is a step-up from most "first-timers." Gold status includes:

Guests who have completed two voyages or 20 days* onboard, will enjoy even more benefits. In addition to the core Silver benefits, Gold Cunarders will receive:

• Gold Cunarder Pin

• Up to two hours of complimentary internet***

• Invitation to the World Club Cocktail Party

• Preferred reservations for Todd English

(The internet is two hours per person, not per stateroom)

Also, staying in the Grills, you will have priority boarding and priority disembarkation.

I believe we have arrived in Southampton before sunrise each of the four times we sailed east.

Have a wonderful time! The QM2 is a marvelous vessel!

Jimmybean

We will be sailing for the first time with Cunard on the QM2, crossing from New York to Southampton on the 6th July this year, we will be in the Queen's Grill.

I have two questions, firstly although we have never sailed with Cunard before, but many times with Seabourn, I notice on our V P that we are Gold Tier! How can that be and what benefits does that bring? Also it appears that we are able to book alternative dining on our VP. I don't seem able to do this. Should we wait until we board and ask our Butler or do they get booked up before we even sail?

We are very much looking forward to the experience, it has long been a wish of my husband to sail on a liner into Spithead, oh that's another question, will we be sailing in the night before or very early the next morning?

Soton VTS gives your arrival time on 13 Jul as 0630hrs and sunrise that day is at 0507 so you should have daylight more or less all the way through the Solent and up Southampton Water.

J