Food in Liberty MDR 4/17

Mdepfl

Just left this beautiful ship. The Main Dining Room dinner food was much better than the MDR offerings on other RCI ships (most recently Enchantment and Allure). Didn't try the Jammer for dinner but heard good things there too.

Prime Rib slice was a hearty slab, seafood was great, and even the 'classic' strip steak (on menu every day) was delicious.

The only exception was an improperly prepared cod loin but a replacement was quickly offered.

We really enjoyed Liberty!

Edited by Mdepfl

Have to agree. We were on the March 5th cruise, and enjoyed the food in the MDR much more than we have on any recent cruise, Royal OR Celebrity. Everything we had was good with the exception of one pasta dish I didn't like and felt was too salty. We liked the food so much, and also enjoyed our tablemates, that we abandoned our plans to eat in a specialty restaurant at least once, and just had a good time.

Pat

Just left this beautiful ship. The Main Dining Room dinner food was much better than the MDR offerings on other RCI ships (most recently Enchantment and Allure). Didn't try the Jammer for dinner but heard good things there too.

Prime Rib slice was a hearty slab, seafood was great, and even the 'classic' strip steak (on menu every day) was delicious.

The only exception was an improperly prepared cod loin but a replacement was quickly offered.

That's great to hear! :D

My experience with the prime rib on Liberty last month was the same. It was delicious!

I can't say the same about my strip steak, glad to hear yours was so good!

As we like to cruise out of Galveston, it's refreshing to know that our next experience may be just as good as our last!

"Where did you eat breakfast? How was the food in the Windjammer?"

Breakfast was 50/50 WJ and MDR. WJ was standard buffet and very nice; pre-made omelettes, scrambled, or fried eggs with a cook-to-order station. Meats, fruits, bakery items... MDR (Deck 3 only) had menu or a help-yourself continental set up in the center.

Preferred MDR over lining up for food and table searching in the WJ (but their food was fine and the service was great - always asking if they could get us anything).

I have to agree. We disembarked the Liberty a week ago and we thought the MDR food was very good. I thought the prime rib was good both times I had it. The only miss we had was the grilled salmon (from the Classics selections) my wife received one evening. It was WAY overcooked. The waiter quickly replaced it with Garlic Tiger Shrimp that were very good.

Tim

"Where did you eat breakfast? How was the food in the Windjammer?"

Breakfast was 50/50 WJ and MDR. WJ was standard buffet and very nice; pre-made omelettes, scrambled, or fried eggs with a cook-to-order station. Meats, fruits, bakery items... MDR (Deck 3 only) had menu or a help-yourself continental set up in the center.

Preferred MDR over lining up for food and table searching in the WJ (but their food was fine and the service was great - always asking if they could get us anything).

Thank you!

I was also on this sailing and agree with the OP. The MDR food was great. We often ordered 2 appetizers and whenever we were undecided about a main, our great waiter would just bring the other "for the table" in addition.

The prime rib, filet of beef tenderloin (awesome), lamb chops were all standouts to me.

I only ate in the WJ for breakfast a few times and it may have been me getting there late but the choices weren't great (unless you wanted to wait in line for an omelet or waffle). But I've never been a fan of the WJ. Never made it to the MDR for breakfast as I was on Deck 10 so I just popped up to the WJ.

On Liberty now. MDR food has been excellent. Windjammer breakfast, well it's the just ok. We planned to hit specialty restaurant once or twice, but if the quality of the food and service continues We will stick with MDR.

On Liberty now. MDR food has been excellent. Windjammer breakfast, well it's the just ok. We planned to hit specialty restaurant once or twice, but if the quality of the food and service continues We will stick with MDR.

Glad to hear you are having such good food in the MDF on Liberty this week. Enjoy your ports the next three days!

We were on the same itinerary as you were (Hi to Plano Tim from our M&M Group). My only complaint was a duck that was much too greasy. Jeff, our waiter took it back and brought me a strip steak. Unfortunately, it was too tough, but still edible. The rest of the time, dinner was great!

If any of you happened to be the ones who stole the keys to our scooters, you can keep the mini-Converse High Tops, but please return the keys! Ask and I'll send you my address.

We are on the Liberty this coming Sunday!! Does the MDR have lunch options, or is it just the Windjammer?

We are on the Liberty this coming Sunday!! Does the MDR have lunch options, or is it just the Windjammer?

The MDR usually offers lunch on sea days. Made to order from a menu. There is also a huge salad bar (Tutti Salad) which can be a meal in itself.

• 2 weeks later...

The hubby, daughter and I are on the May 29th sailing and I have been on a low carb diet trying to lose some of this pre-cruise weight. I did this last year as well and was down 18lbs when we walked on the ship and totally sabatoged (sp) it by eating horribly and it all went down hill from there and I gained it all back and then some. I don't want to do that this time around and would really like to remain low carb during the cruise. Their food has always been awesome no matter what I get. Just wondering if any of the other low carb, high protein peeps out there can suggest some meals off the MDR menu that work for me. Thanks!!!