Switching from Celebrity to RCI

DonOtt

Hey fellow cruisers,

Wife and I booked while on board the Liberty in Feb for a cruise in Feb 2018. At the time, there wasn't anything Royal had to offer that suited us so we placed a bookmark cruise with Celebrity. We were told that we could modify as needed, flip to a different cruise, different date and flip to RCI if we wanted.

RCI has released the longer Caribbean cruises for 2018 and we found one we liked out of Port Liberty, a 12 night cruise.

My TA (daughter :) ) is trying to get things transferred over but RCI isn't playing nice. They are saying that the on board credits and pre-paid gratuities won't transfer.

Has anyone on here gone through this process before and what were your results? Any hints or tips for me??

Cheers....Don

It would make sense that you could lose some perks, because you are essentially booking a new cruise on Royal, and are subject to the perks that are currently in effect for Royal's cruise.

Hi Don,

I agree with Bob. It's not that "RCI isn't playing nice"... it's that this is a completely different cruise and the perks/offers are different. Honestly, although they are sister companies, I wouldn't expect to get the same booking benefits when changing lines. No offense, but if they did make it work for you, it's really not fair for the thousands of other customers out there who would love to have the same thing. *shrug*

Edited by Langley Cruisers

Hey fellow cruisers,

Wife and I booked while on board the Liberty in Feb for a cruise in Feb 2018. At the time, there wasn't anything Royal had to offer that suited us so we placed a bookmark cruise with Celebrity. We were told that we could modify as needed, flip to a different cruise, different date and flip to RCI if we wanted.

RCI has released the longer Caribbean cruises for 2018 and we found one we liked out of Port Liberty, a 12 night cruise.

My TA (daughter :) ) is trying to get things transferred over but RCI isn't playing nice. They are saying that the on board credits and pre-paid gratuities won't transfer.

Has anyone on here gone through this process before and what were your results? Any hints or tips for me??

Cheers....Don

Cape Liberty.

The only thing that would "transfer" would be the OBC for booking on board. No other promo or offer.

I just wasn't sure. It sounded like RCI wasn't honoring anything. I thought it was just slide everything from Celebrity to Royal....my bad.

It's unfortunate that the cruise sales people were not clear about the perks being tied to a particular promo that was being offered on the sailing you booked, as opposed to being offered from booking on board.

It's unfortunate that the cruise sales people were not clear about the perks being tied to a particular promo that was being offered on the sailing you booked, as opposed to being offered from booking on board.

At least we're cruising! :D

Some confusion at RCI as well. They didn't want to give us the OBC for booking while on board but my daughter set them straight.

All good now!