Freedom in a Suite Trip Report. Eastern 4/17-24 2016

I don't have a lot to add that others haven't said before about the Freedom but wanted to do a quick trip report in case anyone is looking for more info.

We were in room 1348. What a beautiful room and fantastic balcony! Our steward, Lilliana, was fantastic! The room was large and well laid out, but the bed didn't split which was surprising as it was me, my mother and a friend traveling and we had assumed we'd be able to split the bed into twins. no big deal, just a surprise. the location on the room was excellent- just a short walk to the concierge lounge for coffee in the morning!

I was disappointed there was only one 'show', the rest were comedians and the magician I saw twice before at least 5 years ago. I would've liked more than one show and a magician who wasn't still doing the same act from that long ago.

Word to the wise- there was exactly *1* US power outlet in the room other than the one the clock was plugged into. There were several EU style outlets. I thought that was ridiculous, and wished I'd realized we should've brought converters. Also, there was a coffee pot in the 'bar' area, but no plug anywhere near it- thankfully with the lounge just around the corner we got our coffee there :)

Another disappointment was the service in Chops for breakfast. Dinner there was perfect, but breakfast was POOR. a long wait to order, drinks that didn't arrive, few refills, etc. we had much better service in the MDR for breakfast.

we did the Ultimate Island tour in St. Martin and that was good. the boat ride was great, the hour on the french side was too long though- although as we left the guide pointed out the straw market and another shopping area, if we'd known those were close we might've enjoyed ourselves more.

Freedom has VOOM now. we got lucky (thanks to the CC boards) and found a BOGO/HO offer on it. that was well worth it. However, if we had paid full price I would've been irritated. We were kicked off *all the time* i.e. you're doing something on your phone, set it down long enough that the screen goes dark, and when you open it up again a few minutes later you have to reconnect to the WIFI. I understand they'll kick you out after 2 hours but this was consistently under 5 minutes. It was fast but not blazing- streaming was ok sometimes, pictures uploaded sometimes, etc. A bit spotty for what they want you to pay if you don't have a discount.

People who recommend disconnecting your doorbell in a suite are right! My mom walked up to see a kid jamming the doorbell button and his mother only lightly reprimanding him "stop it dear, that's not nice". thankfully we had it turned off!

I can't think of anything else at the moment but if you have any questions, hit me.

We're staying in a GS for the first time too.

Didn't know you could turn off the doorbell. Is there a trick or something simple?

We've had several grand suits and never knew this. :o

Hi,

For those who asked about the clock, we were in an owners suite so I don't know what other suites have or don't have them. It is very nice to have though!

And, the doorbell requires a call to maintenance to disable. Worth it!

My mom walked up to see a kid jamming the doorbell button and his mother only lightly reprimanding him "stop it dear, that's not nice". thankfully we had it turned off!

Wonder if this is the same type of parenting that results in "good" children doing things we hear about on the news. The child obviously knows his mother will do nothing as it was done right in front of her. Oh well, I won't have to deal with this child when they become teenagers and are driving.