Transportation from LAX to Port

sjmbruce

Is taking a cab a feasible and economic way from LAX to our cruise ship in LA? Princess cruise line wants $34 per person for transport and I am trying to figure out if this is an economical way to get to the ship. Round trip would be $136 for my husband and me through them. Thanks!

Is taking a cab a feasible and economic way from LAX to our cruise ship in LA? Princess cruise line wants $34 per person for transport and I am trying to figure out if this is an economical way to get to the ship. Round trip would be $136 for my husband and me through them. Thanks!

If you look down this thread their are posts that go into detail on this look for cab vis shuttle.

Super shuttle is $17 a person, cab roughly $50 depending on time and traffic with Uber somewhere in the middle

We have used Super Shuttle a number of times and have been very pleased with them. There is also Prime Time Shuttle but we have avoided using them. Here is a discount code we have used in the past, if it still works it will save you a few dollars on each online booking. UYR59

Personally I would recommend flying in a day ahead, taking Supershuttle to a hotel (Crowne Plaza or Doubletree) in San Pedro and jump on their shuttle (one is free, one is $5) to the port the next day. Less stress than flying in the same day of the cruise.

UberX (up to four passengers, but it's usually a Toyota Prius so maybe 2 or 3 with cruise luggage) from LAX to the port has been consistently under $30 for me; I recently used the UberPool product, limited to two riders, and it was closer to $15(!).

It's super-convenient because the cars come to you, and if one doesn't show up when promised, there's another one ready within minutes. Car services don't do that part very well. There have been numerous complaints recently about Primetime and OnTime missing scheduled pick-up times at the port. UberX has never taken me more than 15 minutes. I request as I'm next in line for Customs and it's usually perfectly timed.

Is Super Shuttle easy to locate at LAX (specifically Terminal 6)? I've never been to LAX. Flying in this Saturday. I've been to a couple airports where it was a pain to locate shuttles. Thanks!

Super Shuttle is as easy to find as it gets...

You walk right out of the baggage claim area at any of the terminals and there is a sign at the near curb that says "Super Shuttle and PrimeTime Shuttle"...and each has an agent physically standing there with a clipboard.

Other shuttle companies require you to cross the first driveway to the next curb and wait at the sign for "Parking, hotels and off-airport buses" (or something like that) on your own and flag down the shuttles yourself. Uber requires you to go upstairs and locate a similar pick-up spot.

Thanks for all of your replies and help. Our trip is a little more complicated as we are flying into Burbank on Saturday, renting a car, driving to Santa Clarita and spending the night, then driving to the LA area on Sunday and keeping the car until Monday morning. Monday we'll return the car to LAX and then need transportation to the port. The shuttle option sounds pretty good. Thanks again!

I appreciate all this info as well. We'll be doing something similar - ending a week's vacation in the area, returning our rental car to LAX and needing transportation to the port. I've got some great options now!

One option would be to use a rental agency (such as Enterprise) that has an office in San Pedro. Not sure if they have one-way rentals (we've been doing RTs last few months) but someone could drop off their party and luggage at the pier, drive the car over to Enterprise, and they might (if you're within their distance requirement) take you over to the pier.