First Week of April Question (Caribbean)

zackarykeef

Hey, y'all...

Quick question for those of you who have recently or in the past few years cruised the first week of April (2-9ish), specifically referencing Caribbean itineraries...did you feel the ships were still full of kids/families? I know April is when spring break starts to die down, but I'm not exactly sure when.

We just cruised the Getaway this past March 27-April 3, but it was Easter week and still spring break. Although I enjoyed the cruise (and we were obviously prepared), it was a completely different vibe than when we sailed the Getaway in August, especially at the bars/Bliss at night.

I love kids, but I'm a pediatrician and do enjoy my vacations away from work ;) We are considering taking a cruise the first week of April next year, so that's why I am asking. Because of our awesome weather down here in Miami, spring break tends to be pretty early here, but I'm not sure about everywhere else. I'd probably prefer to go later in April, but I have to go when I get my vacations.

Any input is welcomed and appreciated to help make my decision! Thanks!

Happy cruising~ :cool:

The last two Aprils we have sailed out of Miami the second week of the month. One was on the Epic and the other the Escape. Both have been fine in terms of kids on the sailings.

I think "most" schools are done their spring breaks by that point, although I'm sure there are still the odd ones here and there.

Edited by ilovetotravel1977

The longer the sailing, the fewer children will be aboard. If you have the vacation time consider one of the Panama cruises from Miami. The week after Thanksgiving through the week before Christmas are also relatively child-free, as is September. The Caribbean is still nice and warm then!

We usually sail the first week in April, as that is Spring Break for our kids. There also seems to be a lot of kids from Michigan and Minnesota. I believe that is their Spring Break as well.

For spring break schedules, a lot of spring breaks are scheduled around Easter. Next year Easter is April 16, so I would expect April 9-22 to be much heavier. However, I think April 2-9 should be much lighter in terms of Spring Break crowds.