Funshop Beer purchase

disneylover89

I wanted to purchase 2- 4 packs of beer for our room from the Funshop and when I tried to check out, this was the error message I received.

Sorry, there were some problems with your submission:

Carnival believes in safety first. Please note there is a maximum of two alcohol products per booking available through The Fun Shops. This booking already contains two or more alcohol products. Please remove or reduce the item quantity of alcohol specific products in your cart or you can choose another booking if you need to. Thank you.

They only sell 4 packs. It will allow me to buy 1- 4 pack but not the two. It does not make sense that I can not buy 8 beers but I can buy 2 bottle of hard liquor. :confused:

Buy one under your name and one under the 2nd person in your cabin. Hubby, BF etc

It does sound weird though. Have you tried calling in your order?

Edited by LaCal

Buy one under your name and one under the 2nd person in your cabin. Hubby, BF etc

It does sound weird though. Have you tried calling in your order?

No, I only tried on-line. Unfortunately, it is per cabin and not per person. I will try calling.

I ordered a 4-pack of beer and a bottle of Jack to be delivered the first night. The next day I ordered another 4-pack of beer to be delivered on the third day and I was surprised but it worked. You might try that.

It's actually 1 alcoholic item per day, even though the terms don't say that. For the past couple of cruises I've set it up to have beer delivered each day. Once when I forgot what day I ordered for and tried to have 2 on one day I received the same message. Go with one 4-pack per day, and you'll be fine.

Similar to my husbands request, why can I bring a bottle of wine but not a 6-pack of beer on board the first day? Obviously he is a beer drinker not a wine drinker.

If he drinks good beer, tell him I've successfully brought on two bombers instead of two bottles of wine on both cruises I've tried this on. I hedged my bets by making sure the beers I chose to bring were corked much like wine.

Worked like a charm!

I have always ordered a 4 pack of beer and a bottle of vodka to be delivered on the first day. I have never had a problem ordering online.

The beer will come warm. If you want to drink them right away, go to a bar and exchange your warm beer for a cold one.

I wanted to purchase 2- 4 packs of beer for our room from the Funshop and when I tried to check out, this was the error message I received.

Sorry, there were some problems with your submission:

Carnival believes in safety first. Please note there is a maximum of two alcohol products per booking available through The Fun Shops. This booking already contains two or more alcohol products. Please remove or reduce the item quantity of alcohol specific products in your cart or you can choose another booking if you need to. Thank you.

They only sell 4 packs. It will allow me to buy 1- 4 pack but not the two. It does not make sense that I can not buy 8 beers but I can buy 2 bottle of hard liquor. :confused:

Very strange :confused: I ordered (2) 4-packs and some bottled waters for our upcoming cruise through fun shops this past weekend and had no issues at all. I would call them; maybe someone gifted you some goodies that count against the limits??

I had it do that to me last year and then when I did one order one day and one order the next day it took it. That's the on-line ordering not the delivery date, which was the same day.

First day I ordered 2 -4 packs of Heineken and the next day I ordered two bottles of wine. It seems to be a glitch in their system. I know that's hard to believe.

Yes, they will be warm sitting on the desk.

Edited by jamesr3939

If he drinks good beer, tell him I've successfully brought on two bombers instead of two bottles of wine on both cruises I've tried this on. I hedged my bets by making sure the beers I chose to bring were corked much like wine.

Worked like a charm!

We might just have to try this. He would be very happy. How did you keep it cold in the cabin?