Travelling with friends

maxx

Can someone please tell me if we are travelling with friends, and the travel agent put it through on our bookings, should this be noted on the P&O cruise personaliser?

We have requested same dinner and table.

We have our (hopefully) cabins allocated close to each other although I know this is just a request.

It doesn't show on ours. We have two cabins booked through 2 different agents. When I booked ours and filled out the form I put their booking number on it requested same dining and our travel agent said it be fine.

We have travelled with friends before and were placed at the same table. This was before they had the personaliser.

Thanks

We booked through same TA but they only booked last week. They got 35% off, we got 50%.

If the guys like the cruise we may do the Asian cruise in 2007. Need to save lots of $$$$ first.

Maxx

My brother and his family booked the same cruise as us weeks later at the same travel agent. P&O told me that the travel agent would have to call up with both booking numbers and LINK the bookings so we could dine together. P&O let me choose our cabin and when my sister in law checked her cruise personaliser details, P&O had put them in the room next to ours.

Kazza

We are travelling as 3 groups of 2, and booked directly through P&O. Two groups (cabins) were booked at the same time, and although we're on seperate booking numbers, we have requested that the two bookings be linked for dining purposes. According to the cruise personalisers, our cabins are about 10 apart. The third group was booked seperately, but again, we requested it be linked to the other 2 bookings. When we all pay our balances we will again confirm that they are linked.

Kym

Can someone please tell me if we are travelling with friends, and the travel agent put it through on our bookings, should this be noted on the P&O cruise personaliser?

We have requested same dinner and table.

We have our (hopefully) cabins allocated close to each other although I know this is just a request.

Maxx,

we were midships on Empress Deck (Cabin E133, inside cabin) and we didn't notice any excessive noise from other passengers, however we were right under the galley and often got early monring wakeups with things being moved around during breakfast preparation.

kym

We are 6 cabins apart. Our cabin is midship right at the lift/stairs. Do you think this will be too noisy? We are on Empress deck so a lot people should use the stairs.

Looks like we are under the galley too, but will prefer to stay there as my hubby gets motion sick and the cabin is midship.

Soinds like we won't need an alarm clock, however, if it's too noisy we will speak up, not sure if they listen though.

Your cabin is fairly close to ours.

If friends are travelling together it is best to note it all on the booking form,and usually this will all be looked after.

However here is a tip for you.

Board the ship as early as you can on your day of departure,and then before your luggage is delivered look for the daily sheet ,and on there will be a time that the Maitre de will be at the restaurant to change or sort out dining arrangements and seatings.A card should also be in your cabin advising your dining table number.Then go to the dining room and check it out.

If it is not to your satisfaction ,arrive earlier than the time stated and be first in line to sort it out.

Maxx

On our last cruise we were on Empress deck, cabin E110. I am a very light sleeper and was never bothered by the stair or lifts. When we booked this time we asked for a cabin in the same area. We were given E109 (same spot only on the other side of the ship:))

Kazza

A card should also be in your cabin advising your dining table number.

Further to what Kiwi says your restaurant & table number is now printed on your cruise card which you receive just before you board. You should be able to know pretty quickly if they have it wrong!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

I have just learnt about the Cruise Personalizer. I have tried getting into it but can't seem to get past the Booking Ref.:confused: I'm putting in the ref no that is on my TA statement. I know it must be a silly question, but does anyone have any ideas why it isn't working.:( (thought it might be because I have paid in full but from what I've read that doesn't seem to matter):confused: Thanks to anyone who has any suggestions. Kerri

I have just learnt about the Cruise Personalizer. I have tried getting into it but can't seem to get past the Booking Ref.:confused: I'm putting in the ref no that is on my TA statement. I know it must be a silly question, but does anyone have any ideas why it isn't working.:( (thought it might be because I have paid in full but from what I've read that doesn't seem to matter):confused: Thanks to anyone who has any suggestions. Kerri

It's very tempremental....you need to enter your name as it appears on the booking plus the confirmation number. Booking number &/0r refernece number may be specific to TA. we have an actual confirmation number. Good luck.

Hi, our P&O booking number is 6J4MHQ. I have entered in both upper and lower case, so it is not case sensitive. Do you have a number sort of like that? Our travel agent confirmation has 2 booking refs, one is theirs and the other P&Os.

My booking number is similar but where you have the "H" mine is a number so it goes number,letter,number,letter,number,letter. And make sure the name is correct. Ours is in my husbands name and his name is Jim but I have to put in James. Hope you get it sorted out.

Karen

Thanks everyone for your help. HaVE just phoned TA and I have their ref no. but not P&O's so she'll get it for me tomorrow.

We have 'O grade run of the ship' so thanks to this board I may be able to request a room rather than wait for them to allocate us one and dinner time now rather than later.

Archived