New format for Fun Times

crusinpsychRN

The tri-fold with perforated mini-daily schedule is wonderful. I like to take it with me throughout the day. Sometimes the coffee & cake stand's brochure rack is empty!

If they seriously want to save unnecessary printing, paper waste or cut costs, start by getting rid of all those photos they print....all that photo paper....and the waste of chemicals. Ugh. Ick!!

Let people choose which photos they want printed and only print those. Huge cost savings potential.

I cannot fathom why they haven't moved to a digital, facial recognition system already.

The tri-fold with perforated mini-daily schedule is wonderful. I like to take it with me throughout the day. Sometimes the coffee & cake stand's brochure rack is empty!

If they seriously want to save unnecessary printing, paper waste or cut costs, start by getting rid of all those photos they print....all that photo paper....and the waste of chemicals. Ugh. Ick!!

Let people choose which photos they want printed and only print those. Huge cost savings potential.

I cannot fathom why they haven't moved to a digital, facial recognition system already.

How about investing in some Smart TV's? Access everything in your cabin.... photo's, account statement, dailies, order room service, etc.

I asked this of my hubby who is an I.T. Exec. He said there is no way Carnival would put out that expense when they can just make us use our own devices. Understood.

I agree about the photos. It is a huge waste. I hope there will be access somewhere to view your pics other than on your device. I would imagine there would be. Otherwise, I guess I won't be buying any pics. (hubby would be happy ;-0)

I hope they continue the paper version as well, then those that prefer the digital version can use that and those that want the paper version will still be happy too. I wouldn't mind if they stopped printing them and putting them on your bed at turn-down, if you had to go to guest services to get one would be fine. Or, if you have to tell your room steward if you want the paper version or not, that's good too.

I do use my cell phone, but it's not attached to my ear or in my hand 24/7 like for some people. Sometimes I kind of wish we still just had the old "bag phone" in the car. :)

I'm 58 and "old school" in many ways, love reading our local weekly newspaper, still write checks and don't even have a debit card or ATM card, still listen to CD's and even 45's and albums, but yet enjoy the newer electronics as well like my Kindle, computer, laptop, etc. I just don't make them the center of my life like some people do.

We generally put our phones in the safe as we're leaving port, but do take them with us if we get off the ship for excursions.

Celebrity has digital photos that you can view on your TV. When you had your picture taken they swiped your card.

Yes, I knew we had it on one of our cruises. I think you could order room service too from the TV. I liked viewing our onboard charges.

Yes, I knew we had it on one of our cruises. I think you could order room service too from the TV. I liked viewing our onboard charges.

I think you are right about the room service. However we never tried it. You can view your charges on Carnival's TVs as well now too although I prefer the HUB app for that. It's quicker.

• 3 weeks later...
Just wondering, do you still take the morning or evening Newspaper? It is after all the 21st century. Computers and Smart phones have been invented and not only solely intended for phone calls.

Well yes, yes *I* do.

both my and my hubby's phones are only 2 years old and both too old for the hub app. I am not buying another phone just for an app....I can download it to my tablet, but I am not carrying that all over the place either. I still like the print version anyway, I highlight all over it and I still prefer to read a real book, :D :eek: