Price drops on cruises in Australia ?

CCC's

I have check CC's threads regarding taking advantage of price drops before Final Payment - in particular for Australian cruises. Can't find any reference to Aussie cruises.

Can anyone advise whether it is only in the US that you can take advantage of price drops (cancel old booking and re-book using new but lower price).

My details are - booked on Ovation of the Seas, leaving Sydney for an 8-day cruise on 27 January 2018.

That just opened! Surprised there's a price drop already.

There are issues with 'new bookings only' deals e.g. promotions with special bonuses. But as Ovation doesn't have any special deals at this point this far out, and you can get refunds this far out, you can just cancel your existing booking and rebook as they do there.

Thanks for info. I needed to know whether it was worth the effort to check for price drops when it is closer to final payment. And I will definitely keep in mind that the exception would be 'new bookings only'.

The terms and conditions in Australia are different from those in the US so no price drops applied.

Not quite true, while it is 151 days instead of 90 days from sailing, refunds on cancellations are possible under Aussie booking rules. True, you don't get direct price drops like under US rules, but you can cancel and rebook 151+ days out and get the lower price.

Not quite true, while it is 151 days instead of 90 days from sailing, refunds on cancellations are possible under Aussie booking rules. True, you don't get direct price drops like under US rules, but you can cancel and rebook 151+ days out and get the lower price.

Full refund of deposit then, if greater than 151 days out?

Yes, though there might be some required insurance at the time of booking which is not refundable. With the typical deposit of $AU 200 pp, even up to 70 days (final payment deadline) it might make financial sense to cancel and rebook if the drop/promo is big enough.

Aussie T&C can be found at: http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/contentPage.do?pagename=terms_and_conditions_australia_page_2

Edited by Biker19

Yes, though there might be some required insurance at the time of booking which is not refundable. With the typical deposit of $AU 200 pp, even up to 70 days (final payment deadline) it might make financial sense to cancel and rebook if the drop/promo is big enough.

Aussie T&C can be found at: http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/contentPage.do?pagename=terms_and_conditions_australia_page_2

Thank-you.

Yes, from RCL - but when booking through a TA many TAs here charge cancellation fees. If you are rebooking you have a good case to get them waived... but requires negotiation and is far from certain.

Yes, from RCL - but when booking through a TA many TAs here charge cancellation fees. If you are rebooking you have a good case to get them waived... but requires negotiation and is far from certain.

Cancel and change fees are not uncommon with TAs here too. It's something that needs to be negotiated before giving them the booking.

I have check CC's threads regarding taking advantage of price drops before Final Payment - in particular for Australian cruises. Can't find any reference to Aussie cruises.

Can anyone advise whether it is only in the US that you can take advantage of price drops (cancel old booking and re-book using new but lower price).

My details are - booked on Ovation of the Seas' date=' leaving Sydney for an 8-day cruise on 27 January 2018.[/quote']

It doesn't matter where the cruise goes, what matters is 'where' you booked. I have booked Australian cruises using a US travel agent, so that counts as booked in the US and I can get price drops on that.

T's & C's for Australians changed in January this year, as advised by 2 on-board Sales staff since then.

We can now receive price drops, and alter booked cruises without loss of OBC and other benefits.

I have booked numerous cruises to test this information.

I cannot confirm, as I have just returned from my latest cruise, and have yet to try and change booked cruises.

Cheers

Thanks Biker19 for the link......I have now read the "fine print" and fully understand the T & C's for Australian bookings.

If a deal becomes available in the future that is 'too good to refuse' I will be certainly testing the Aussie regulations.

Thanks everyone for your input.

T's & C's for Australians changed in January this year, as advised by 2 on-board Sales staff since then.

We can now receive price drops, and alter booked cruises without loss of OBC and other benefits.

I have booked numerous cruises to test this information.

I cannot confirm, as I have just returned from my latest cruise, and have yet to try and change booked cruises.

Cheers

Interesting, we booked while onboard in February and she mentioned we would be able to make one change without penalty. The way she explained it seemed like a new perk of onboard booking rather than a new policy in general. She never said anything about price drops.