One more benefit bites the dust.

To date I haven't brought my own products. For a couple of weeks I am OK to use the ships products ( but not the stuff in the dispenser). However when I was on a T/A in April there were no products in the bathroom. The steward told me that only suites and pinnacles get them now. When I explained that I hadn't brought any she quickly acquired some for me. As we usually fly and have to be careful of weight I haven't wanted to use valuable space/weight on toiletries. But now I guess I will have to.

But what you posted initially was incorrect according to your second post. The benefit has not been removed. I'm not sure why you even started a thread.

If you happened to notice the date I started the thread you might find that it was the beginning of the Transatlantic. The second was a few days ago. As I posted the upgraded products were NOT provided to us on first cruise but on the 10 day European follow up they showed up in our owners suite. Just posting as it happened. Hope that satisfies as a clarification. Unlike many here I do not post trivial items or responses to up my "posts". Just try to be informative. Forgive if I am on a bit of a rant! ( 4 major surgeries in 10 months with 7 cruises 10 days or more will get one a bit testy!)

We're just told that the upgraded amenities for 350 points or more that. the suites get is now the awful smelling crap that everyone gets. Bars of soap so thin hubby has to put 6 together to make s bar. One more thing down the drain. Suites do not get upgraded ones either. This stuff smells like stinky weeds. Same crapy ones that are now on celebrity.

Really? Go away. :mad:

NO..the toiletries are nothing special for ships....bring your own stuff. DON'T bring your own toilet paper, tho!

And don't flush ANYTHING but the toilet paper....no tampons, no diapers, no KLEENEX....that WILL clog up the works!

The ship's water is so soft, that everything "suds" forever...just use a lesser amount than you would at home!

One of our cruises the container didn't show up at the pier to restock the ship with toilet paper and staff had to be sent to Costco to buy up all their toilet paper and we enjoyed Kirkland brand toilet paper that cruise! I loved it since that's what we use at home!

Suites get bath amenities from L'occtaine. I was lead to believe they are fairly high end ...

We did 22nd of May first cruise on the Harmony and although we were missing lots of things in our suite we did actually have the upgraded soaps.

"The ship no longer provides shampoo made from imported Tibetan yak tears? This is an outrage!"

There was a shortage of yak in Tibet this year. They're considering shampoo made from the tears of American mink, but America isn't fashionable enough. After moving the mink to Morocco, they realized they could just use Moroccan Oil.

I loved the old little bottles of soap shampoo and rinse that used to be provided in the suites

In fact we always had a couple left over and I would pack away and bring home........

During the winter months during a cold spell I would take them out and shower and think of cruising.

Must be some magic in those little bottles to make you dream about being on a ship and cruising.

Makes time go fast till the next cruise.

Well kinda sorta....

Safe travels.

Exactly!

LOve IT!

We put them in our guest bathrooms too

We're just told that the upgraded amenities for 350 points or more that. the suites get is now the awful smelling crap that everyone gets. Bars of soap so thin hubby has to put 6 together to make s bar. One more thing down the drain. Suites do not get upgraded ones either. This stuff smells like stinky weeds. Same crapy ones that are now on celebrity.

I just had to print this post for my friends at the office! This is Hilarious!

Ha! Thanks for the laughs! Haaaaaaaa!

I never use the ship's provided little soap bars. Simple to just toss a full

size bar of my choice from home into my luggage to use for the week.

And I bring my own shampoo... even the premium stuff they provide is awful!

Just saying.....:rolleyes: