Comparing Oasis and Allure

We are currently booked on Allure for summer 2017. Based on the kids summer activities we will likely need to shift the vacation 1 week later. We really want to cruise Eastern as we've (hubs and I at least). So we either need to be ok doing Western again or switch ships to Oasis.

Thoughts on this? Is one more "worn" than the other? Are there exciting features on one that puts it over the other?

I've read alot about Ft Lauderdale, guess I need to read about Canaveral.

Both ships are very close now. Other than the different embarkation ports when you sail, the biggest difference is Oasis has CATS and Allure has Mamma Mia. Also Oasis has Solarium Bistro and Allure has Samba Grill.

Edited by clarea

Harmony will be spanking new and have water and dry slides that are not on the other two ships, but even those two are practically new as well so I doubt that "wear" is a factor (unless you want that new ship smell:)).

This is so hard. I'm bad at dragging out decisions. I like to make a decision and pull the trigger. Hubs is traveling for like forever (2 mos, 1/2 thru). So I stew and research when I'm lonely. And I call him and dump all the information I learned.

So, I called him tonight and here is what we talked about.

Yes, the new week is MUCH better.

Yes, we want to stay Eastern.

No, we really don't like the Oasis itinerary for that week.

Sure, we will spend a bit more to do the same itinerary on.. HARMONY.

So I called - I'm a bit bummed. We went from D1,D2 connecting rooms to D3,D5 connecting rooms. So lost our big balcony - and are paying more for it. Esp with all balcony being the same price AND Harmony premium pricing. It seriously does not look like Harmony has connecting D1,D2 and I NEED the connecting door. Blah

He tried to put us right NEXT to the hump and I got us moved down aft more so we'd have more privacy.

But we got it all moved over. Got deposit moved. Got gratuities pre-paid.

OH! I don't know if they moved over my early dining time.... I should call and check on that. After Monday to see if the new deal will be better.

OK i feel better. Same embarkation port. Same Ports of Call. just have a new ship to learn and NOBODY knows anything about it yet. LOL good thing i have 430 days