Parking at Cape Liberty

masim17

I thought I read somewhere that you can bypass the drop off area at Cape Liberty and go directly to the garage and there were places to drop off your luggage there. Is this true, and if so is this faster than waiting on the line to drop off the family and luggage and then meeting up? If so, do you enter the building somewhere else, or do you all then just walk back to entrance behind the dropoff area? Hope this makes sense. Just printed and taped my luggage tags today, so we're getting close, Yah! Thanks

I thought I read somewhere that you can bypass the drop off area at Cape Liberty and go directly to the garage and there were places to drop off your luggage there. Is this true, and if so is this faster than waiting on the line to drop off the family and luggage and then meeting up? If so, do you enter the building somewhere else, or do you all then just walk back to entrance behind the dropoff area? Hope this makes sense. Just printed and taped my luggage tags today, so we're getting close, Yah! Thanks

Yes, you can bypass the drop off area and go right to the garage. But it all depends on what time you plan on getting there. I got there around 10:45 and I was able to pull right up and drop off the luggage. The entrance is the same whether or not you drop off your luggage. I would suggest that you get there early. In addition to lines at the drop off section, the line tends to build up for cars waiting to get into the garage due to the fact that everyone has to stop and pay the garage fee.

Edited by Zigggypup

Don't forget to bring $450 for the parking fee:):):):):)

$20 bucks a day, payable at the garage in cash or with a credit card.

They should come up with a way for people to pre-pay the parking. Stopping to pay is what holds up the process and causes delays.

There is no baggage drop in the garage. Just off the 4/8 Anthem sailing. They stopped doing that. You will have to drop of the bags then proceed to the garage. No direct way into the terminal from the garage either.

$20 bucks a day, payable at the garage in cash or with a credit card.

They should come up with a way for people to pre-pay the parking. Stopping to pay is what holds up the process and causes delays.

They should have it.

At least have online pre-pay.

Most of the places in Galveston do that.

I pay a few months out and get discount for doing it that way.....

They should have it.

At least have online pre-pay.

Most of the places in Galveston do that.

I pay a few months out and get discount for doing it that way.....

I wish they had online pre-pay. This way the people who have pre-paid can just scan their receipt and park. It's really a no brainer and should be implemented.

I'm cruising out of the Manhattan terminal in September. It's $40 bucks a day there = $280 for a 7 night cruise. It might be cheaper to take a cab both ways.

Thanks so much for the info. We will get there early and drop the luggage off and my husband will park. Yes the fees are high, and I've checked out some off site parking, but we will pay for the convenience. Thanks again!

Thanks so much for the info. We will get there early and drop the luggage off and my husband will park. Yes the fees are high, and I've checked out some off site parking, but we will pay for the convenience. Thanks again!

I don't know exactly where you are coming from, but the Bayonne Bridge closures have been a pain in the butt for some.

We got off the Anthem less than 2 weeks ago. Had planned to get to the pier by 10:30. Traffic held us up in NYC, then on the t'pike near the toll and just after the toll. They are doing construction on the roads in the area. We then got to the port to find a very long line. We waited at least 1/2 hour, if not more, to get to the luggage drop off area before going on to the parking structure. There is no way to bypass the drop off area unless you go the wrong way on a one way road. The road way was very poorly planned for those who want to bypass drop off. An hour and a half drive took us 3 1/2 hours to walk on to the ship. Be prepared for the traffic as you get off the pike and at the pier.

Is most of the traffic and construction on weekdays? We live in CT and often drive to NY and each year drive to Florida. We always leave on a Saturday morning and have zero issues in NYC or NJ. Just wondering of the due to the construction it is causing weekend traffic as well.

Our cruise on June 11th leaves on a Saturday, so hoping for little traffic as we drive there.

We sailed on Friday and returned on Monday. Can't help you on weekend sailing. Check with the NJ traffic warnings. The work is just off the pike in Bayonne that causes a backup. Much of our time loss occurred because we drove straight through Manhattan during work hours. Have found going in early am is much easier for going through NYC. Be aware that the CrossBronx route to Geo Washington Bridge can back up quickly if there is a minor accident. Hope you sail through on a weekend.

Thanks Hancock for the update. Friends of ours were on the Anthem in March, leaving on a weekday and let us know about the traffic then too.

We cruise next Thursday, and plan on leaving earlier too. We are an hour north of NYC but will take the Bear Mountain Bridge. There was traffic a year ago too on our way to Bayonne, off the turnpike... We never take the GW on a weekday and rarely on weekends too... Lol. Road construction in NY and NJ goes on forever!

Is most of the traffic and construction on weekdays? We live in CT and often drive to NY and each year drive to Florida. We always leave on a Saturday morning and have zero issues in NYC or NJ. Just wondering of the due to the construction it is causing weekend traffic as well.

Our cruise on June 11th leaves on a Saturday, so hoping for little traffic as we drive there.

The Bayonne Bridge opens for the morning and evening rushes, and is closed the rest of the time during the week. It's closed most weekends.

Most people coming into Bayonne for the cruise port come in via the NJ Turnpike and don't use the Bayonne Bridge. There's construction at Interchange 14A in Bayonne but it's not closed. You just have to pay attention to signage when you go through the tolls. There are different lanes set up for access to Route 440, Avenue E or 53rd St. You can get to the cruise port by taking either 440 or Avenue E. If you wind up on E, make a left on 32nd, then a left on 440, and a right into the port.