Any day sails...we are in port 10AM-7PM

andymattmom

As title says we are in port 10-7PM. Most day sails say start at 9AM. Any recommendations on GOOD day sails (not cruise excursions) that might start later for a longer than half day sail. We did a cruise excursion on Celebrity in January 2016 and it was too crowded on the catamaran and snorkel area. We have been on Rumbaba and LOVED it. I did contact a few places, but does anyone have any experience with late port times and day snorkel trips. We are on Allure in May 2017...I like to plan ahead! :)

THANKS

I think a great option is contacting the various operators with smaller powerboats who take 6 passengers on a private excursion. You can find these under day charters at Vinow dot com. If you are a couple you can look for other couples to share the day (and the cost) here and on your roll call. You have plenty of time!

I think a great option is contacting the various operators with smaller powerboats who take 6 passengers on a private excursion. You can find these under day charters at Vinow dot com. If you are a couple you can look for other couples to share the day (and the cost) here and on your roll call. You have plenty of time!

Thanks! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you can get six people in your group (try your roll call?), contact one of the daysail operators (who takes a max of six guests) and tell them you have six people but need to tailor the timing because your ship comes in later (I'm guessing it's Princess). That will fill their boat and I would think they would be flexible and accommodate your timing.

If you can get six people in your group (try your roll call?), contact one of the daysail operators (who takes a max of six guests) and tell them you have six people but need to tailor the timing because your ship comes in later (I'm guessing it's Princess). That will fill their boat and I would think they would be flexible and accommodate your timing.

Exactly what I recommended above. It is quite pricey as compared to group independent operators like those mentioned, but when shared between 3 couples it isn't quite as painful and the private option offers so many options including the BVI.

When we looked into it the price quoted by 3 operators was $700 + with gas and fees but we were going to STJ and Jost in the BVI so the gas was a little more. I would consider that option if you go with a private operator - see some of the BVI while you have the opportunity as you have a good 6 - 7 hrs to enjoy. There are good snorkel spots off Jost, and you can stop for lunch at Foxy's in Great Harbor or one of the beach bars in White Bay like Soggy $ Bar for their Painkiller or Seddie's One Love for his Bushwacker. :)

Edited by blue_water

When I used Lazy Island Charters, he had no problem adjusting to our cruise schedule. Took a taxi straight from the ship to Saga Haven Marina near Red Hook. He was on the boat waiting for us. His boat holds up to 8 I think so the price could be really reasonable when split. We just told him what we wanted to see and Captain Jason picked some amazing places. In talking with him, he is ex-military and I think I remember him saying he gave military discounts.