Dinner Reservations and Voom upgrade question

Hello All,

Yet again, this newbie needs your assistance.

When we booked, the promotion RCCL was running had free onboard credit and free Voom.

Questions:

I want to book dinner once we get onboard as I would like to use the onboard credit. Is there a location I can go to reserve all our specialty restaurants? Or would we have to visit each restaurant for the reservations? I don't recall if I read somewhere that the reservations can be made on the TV in the room also, is that correct also?

Another promotion we got was free Voom, can we upgrade the free Voom to Voom plus streaming? Do we need the streaming feature for FaceTime? We need to stay in touch with our parents and it is important for them to be able to FaceTime with us.

Thanks again to all.

Questions:

Another promotion we got was free Voom, can we upgrade the free Voom to Voom plus streaming? Do we need the streaming feature for FaceTime? We need to stay in touch with our parents and it is important for them to be able to FaceTime with us.

You should try it with whatever tier WiFi you are given when you board. If it's not enough, then you should be able to upgrade (assuming you receive SURF only). I don't recall of any reports mentioning upgrading as these tiered WiFi packages just started.

Thank you - you are right, we will test it before we decide on the upgrade.

Has anyone made FaceTime calls with regular Voom service recently on Allure of the seas?

We've used Facetime on Oasis recently, but that was before the two-tiered speed option. We've not gotten any reports back from folks on the two-tier service yet.

I used FaceTime on Ovation last week just using regular Royal wifi which I'm guessing was Voom? Very good connection too.

Yes, the Quantum class ships have had fast VOOM since they were built. However, when they get the two-tiered speed option, I suspect we will have to opt for the faster speed to get video streaming to work.

Edited by clarea

Hello All,

Yet again, this newbie needs your assistance.

When we booked, the promotion RCCL was running had free onboard credit and free Voom.

Questions:

I want to book dinner once we get onboard as I would like to use the onboard credit. Is there a location I can go to reserve all our specialty restaurants? Or would we have to visit each restaurant for the reservations? I don't recall if I read somewhere that the reservations can be made on the TV in the room also, is that correct also?

Thanks again to all.

If you are on an Oasis class as soon as you board on the Royal Promenade there will be many tables set up for specialty dinning reservations. I'm not sure what your obc is worth but you may look at the 3 meal dinning package, it was $80 for us back in Jan. Well worth it, we ate at Chops-$39, 150 CP-$40 and Izumi Hibachi-$30 so a savings of $29pp :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, this is perfect. We will sign up as soon as we board. From what I understand most people run to the buffet or cafe for lunch, but our game plan is to get all our booking.

The Oasis class ships are amazing, so much to do. After all the planning on the Allure, I am already considering either Harmony or Oasis for the next cruise just to cover what we don't catch on this ship - lol.

We were able to successfully book all the shows that we wanted to attend and for the times that were most convenient for us. My wife was able to get her Spa and we booked the character breakfast also, plus the all access tour. We also booked the flow rider class.

So far for dinner, we pre-booked Sabor, since there was no charge. We have been monitoring the times and most of the ideal dinner times online for most of the specialty restaurants are booked already but I am assuming they will have prime spots for people to book once on board also.

The only thing we haven't been able to figure out is the cup cake classes they have on board. It is still not listed on line, so I am assuming we have to book that once on board also.

Thank you again to all - this board is extremely helpful.