Questions - Imagination safety concerns

Californian

We're traveling with two year olds in August on the Imagination and have questions. We are staying in the Grand Suites. (1) Do the balconies have plexiglass so that the little ones can see through. We don't want them climbing up to see over the railing. (2) What kind of knobs are on the cabin door and the restroom door? Round knobs? Levers? (3) Would it be easy for them to lock themselves in the bathroom? Suggestions on what we can do to prevent that. (4) Do the cabin doors have a lock that is above the reach of the littles ones? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

We're traveling with two year olds in August on the Imagination and have questions. We are staying in the Grand Suites. (1) Do the balconies have plexiglass so that the little ones can see through. We don't want them climbing up to see over the railing. (2) What kind of knobs are on the cabin door and the restroom door? Round knobs? Levers? (3) Would it be easy for them to lock themselves in the bathroom? Suggestions on what we can do to prevent that. (4) Do the cabin doors have a lock that is above the reach of the littles ones? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

It's been a while but I will tell you for sure that the balcony is solid metal up to about chest height for an adult. The door out to the balcony has a lever type knob but also has a deadbolt type of lock. I don't remember what type of knob is on the bathroom.

1st, your kids will NOT be on the balcony without you...so their potential "climbing" won't be an issue! When you are out there, and they need to see, you can hold them, if you need to! Kid's are remarkably uninterested in the view! There are child-locks on the balcony doors, so they can't open it without you.

I doubt they can lock themselves in the bath...but if they do, it's the kind of lock you can unlock with a flat object (nail file or screwdriver, knife blade, etc..)....sort of like interior door locks at home...

The hallway doors are pretty heavy...and you would hear them if they were trying to get out...bring a bell or hang wire hangers on the door knob for added sound!

Since it appears your questions have been addressed by others, here is a link to a youtube video of a grand suite on the imagination so you can see some of the features:

Have a great cruise!

I doubt they can lock themselves in the bath...but if they do, it's the kind of lock you can unlock with a flat object (nail file or screwdriver, knife blade, etc..)....sort of like interior door locks at home...

Under the handle is a 'button' with a line thru the diameter. Put your flat object into this. I use my ship card, held close to the mechanism.

We've sailed that itin on the Fantasy class ships many, many times. The Semi sub in Catalina tour is fun for the little ones.

The Family board has lots of info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SadieN

There are no standard balconies on this ship. All balconies are for suites. Ship was designed before everyone had to have a balcony.

Edited by SadieN

1st, your kids will NOT be on the balcony without you...so their potential "climbing" won't be an issue! When you are out there, and they need to see, you can hold them, if you need to! Kid's are remarkably uninterested in the view! There are child-locks on the balcony doors, so they can't open it without you.

The hallway doors are pretty heavy...and you would hear them if they were trying to get out...bring a bell or hang wire hangers on the door knob for added sound!

They are not my kids and we won't be staying in the same cabin. I have seen these two toddlers move furniture and climb atop of them. And often they don't know the word "no" .....so I'm just trying to figure how to keep them safe.

Since it appears your questions have been addressed by others, here is a link to a youtube video of a grand suite on the imagination so you can see some of the features:

Have a great cruise!

Thanks very much for the video link. It was very helpful and much appreciated!

The balcony on that ship was added later and is not plexiglass. If they are Wiley ones and safety is an issue, I would opt for a different cabin (one without a balcony, which is any other cabin on that ship)!

The balconies are not add-ons. The Inspiration, Imagination, Paradise and Elation do not have the added balconies.

If the kids are 'monkeys' best to get an OV or make sure the balcony doors are locked and the kids can't open them up.

One the plus side-- the kids clubs start at two. No balconies to worry about then.

Edited by SadieN