Does Explorer have the new virtual balconies?

Just wondered if Explorer did get the virtual balconies that are mentioned on RC's website. If so, do all the interior cabins have them? Thanks for any information on this.

Yes. Only some of the rooms. Look at the deck plans.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=10&shipCode=EX&shipProfile=1676&sailDate=1160516&hasNavigation=false

Thank You! That is what I needed to know. Am thinking of booking an Alaska cruise in our first ever inside cabin. Have a bit of a claustaphobic issue and would like to give one of these cabins a try. We plan to take in the Alaskan scenery from the top decks anyway so figured we'd save some money and skip a balcony cabin this time.

Thank You! That is what I needed to know. Am thinking of booking an Alaska cruise in our first ever inside cabin. Have a bit of a claustaphobic issue and would like to give one of these cabins a try. We plan to take in the Alaskan scenery from the top decks anyway so figured we'd save some money and skip a balcony cabin this time.

Look for reviews online where you can. Was considering the virtual balcony for my cruise on Liberty if the Seas... For me the price didn't seem that much higher to get an actual balcony. It's all perspective though.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Yup, The Explorer has the virtual balconies. Pretty sure that all interior rooms do not have them since we had a choice when we were booking ours. Luckily for us the prices fell for 3 hours and we managed to upgrade from 3 interior rooms (with virtual balconies) to 3 GTY balcony staterooms.

Can't wait for our first Alaskan cruise in a month's time. Got to start planning my excursions! I will write a detailed review once I'm back.

Cheers

Nick

As others have said she does have them but not in all cabins. We have always had balcony cabins it in June last year we changed our one balcony cabin for two connecting inside promenade view cabins (long story). The result was we didn't feel as claustrophobic as we thought we would but we did conclude that it was about as inside as we could go.

yes the virtual balconies are great in comparison to a standard inside or oceanview. Love that it is floor to ceiling!

I'm fairly sure all or at least most of the Virtual Balconies on Explorer are found on deck 10 opposite the suites.

When traveling to Alaska, You are missing a lot by not having a balcony. The views and travels along the inside passage have some of the greatest scenery around. You won't have another change for a cruise like Alaska anywhere.