Oasis of The Seas-CRUISING FROM A KID"S POINT OF VIEW

Hey buddy, thanks for all of this wonderful information. We had done the Oasis years ago and will be on the Allure in a few months. Your insight is very mature for a guy your age. Never loose the drive that you obviously have. Can't wait to read more. :) So hurry up and finish your homework so I can start planning my days, my meals and my itinerary :D:D:D

Edited by Surfguyxxx

Hi it’s Jack again. I had a lot of homework and activities so it's not too long.

On Day 4 we went to Falmouth Jamaica. We ate the main dining room for breakfast that morning. The buffet there is better than the buffet in the Windjammer. We slept in and took our time going down to Falmouth.

IMG_0175_zpsdlepibg4.jpg

IMG_0176_zpshesh2rh7.jpg

P1020092_zpsk0wp6f1l.jpg

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee445/rjliu/P1020095_zpsr1efhafn.jpg

Inside the port area, it was very clean and calm with a lot of shops. We stopped to try a coconut from the fruit cart. He chopped it so we could drink it. P1020100_zpsh5iqwtmq.jpgP1020101_zpsr08hr6cz.jpgWhen we were done drinking the juice, he cut it open so we could eat the white part.

When we walked out of the gated area we didn’t feel very safe. I held my dad’s hand, there were a lot of Jamaicans trying to get us to go on their taxi, buy things, and kept trying to talk to us. We did a quick walk around the block and went back into the gated area. I’m glad we didn’t do anything because when we were in the elevator on the ship, I heard a man say “ I spent $130 on taxi tour for 30 minutes!”

Kids-when you’re in the shopping area, you need to keep an eye on your parents so they don’t shop too much. Give them a cute face and say you’re hungry, you’re hot, you’re tired and you want to go back on the ship.

We stopped into the rum cake shop, the chocolate flavor cake is the best. The coffee shop smelled good, my dad said $5 for a cup of coffee was too expensive, Starbucks on the ship was cheaper. You have to stop at this booth in the middle that had Jamaican beef pastties, close to Auntie Anne’s pretzel booth. It was soooo good. At first I didn’t want to try it, but my mom said to try it, after I tried I wouldn’t give share it anymore and finished the beef patty.

P1020112_zpsgbtf7s97.jpg

P1020110_zpsihmbaap6.jpg

P1020108_zpsvf3o8f2p.jpg

P1020102_zps8uotcpdz.jpg

We made back to the ship without too much shopping and went back to the ship.

I tried the zipline. You have to be 75 pounds, I made it! I was 80 pounds, it must pizzas I ate from Sorrentos. The zipline wasn’t scary, just don’t look down and look straight. I also tried the rock climbing wall which seemed harder this time, maybe I ate too much.

We took a walk thru Central Park. Not too many people, guess they were all shopping.

P1020158_zpspxk7fdic.jpg

P1020160_zpss3azzdzu.jpg

P1020162_zpsm6z8mm0f.jpg

P1020164_zpsfyeqq3az.jpg

P1020166_zpsja5cljdj.jpg

P1020168_zpsf0eiigxt.jpg

Just noticed Jack had a lot of typos today-he was tired.

-Joanna(Jack's mom)

Joanna, I'm tired, too, so I didn't even notice! He is doing a wonderful job.

Jack, thank you for writing this. My nephew is going on his first cruise when school gets out, so I think I'll have him read your review. I like that the French toast was sooooo good it needed two posts!

Hello it’s Jack back, hey that rhymes. Today is a sea day so I can do all the activities on board. We ate at the main dining room for breakfast and of course I ate the buffet part. One of the ice skating sessions was on at 10:00. Oh, and I forgot to mention in the introduction that I am a figure skater. After skating I was so tired so I took a nap in the cabin.

IMG_0259_zps6apakt16.mp4

Uh oh...my mom had her iPhone set on "live" by accident so my skating pictures didn't come out and attach right. I'll have to get her to ask Gambee's advice tomorrow. Anyways, back to my review...I was tired because they make you wear a helmet for skating and I wasn't used to that.

When I woke up I decided to got to the mob dance class on the Royal Promenade. It was really fun and I recommend it for all ages and it was great exercise. After that we decided to take a stroll around the whole ship. We decided to eat at the park café for lunch. The roast beef sandwich was amazing. Your parents might try to get you to eat veggies there, but the only thing my mom could do was get a salad which was not bad with the little shrimp-I like it plain.