When are formal dinner nights?

... was the Mariner's Luncheon on Day 1... or?

There is (was?) a Mariners' Lunch and there is a Mariners' Brunch. They are not the same thing.

The Mariners' Lunch is (was?) held most of the time, at embarkation. Reports are that, at least on some ships, it has now been opened to all passengers embarking that day.

Mariners' Brunch is the luncheon held later in the cruise, typically on a sea day, to recognize repeat passengers. Everyone who has ever sailed on a Carnival Corporation ship is eligible to be invited.

Thanks - that makes sense. Fooey!

There seem to be a lot of inconsistencies with what I've read on other threads so questions keep popping up - for instance I just noticed that on Crew News' scans it shows the Mariner's Lunch. Is this the Mariner's Lunch for past cruisers (which I've read is now longer) or is it for anybody? So many questions - sorry! :-)

The Mariner Society Embarkation Luncheon is no longer from all reports here on CC. The same menu is still served to ALL passengers on Embarkation Day. The Mariner's Society Luncheon is held later in the cruise week for Mariner's only.

My menu collection indicates both of the above events are called "Luncheons".