FTTF Question

We have used FTTF ion previous cruises, but can't seem to get it for our upcoming cruise. I have read on here in the past that Carnival sometimes "opens up" the FTTF to allow more folks to purchase it.

Here is my question - Does Carnival truly open it up for more people to purchase or do people change their minds and when they get their money back, one opens up.

They will sell an initial batch, then as they get closer they will release a few more. Our sailing in 20 days had an initial batch, then about 2 months out they opened up 15 more and that's all we've seen.

Here is my question - Does Carnival truly open it up for more people to purchase or do people change their minds and when they get their money back, one opens up.

I can't speak if Carnival opens more slots, people cancel, or a combination of both but can say for our last 2 times of getting FTTF it was sold out initially and some became available later allowing us to purchase.

Never really thought about why they became available.

What has caused me to question is that several folks from our roll call have posted that FTTF is opened up again and they were able to purchase it. One time, they posted as I was online and saw them post... it was a matter a seconds.... and I hurried on over to the website only to find it was sold out again.

I will keep an eye open and leave the website open in my browser daily.

:D

Carnival does put more FTTFs up for sale. The amount they put up for sale is based on the number of diamond and platinums that book the cruise. Keep looking, good luck.

I will keep an eye open and leave the website open in my browser daily.

Check it multiple times a day. When we booked our first cruise a few months ago, it was already sold out. Kept checking multiple times a day and it opened up. Didn't pull the trigger at that time because I was still on the fence. I kept checking and it opened up again. Yes, I bought it the second time. :D

mine's still sold out at 82 days and counting. I did email them and they said it's possible someone will cancel or someone that had FTTF will upgrade to a suite and not need it any longer so it will get released back into the wild.

They apparently used to have an email address set up just for waiting list notifications but they shut it down as it gave people too much false hope (paraphrasing the email I got). Now it's just check back often and if you get it that's great. If you don't get it, come to the dock late and walk right on board (lol).

We have used FTTF ion previous cruises, but can't seem to get it for our upcoming cruise. I have read on here in the past that Carnival sometimes "opens up" the FTTF to allow more folks to purchase it.

FTTF is better than giving them loyalty. Perks for $60 is Brilliant.

My advice is check early in the morning and check often. I have been looking daily for a while now and was giving up hope since we sail May 21st. Sunday I decided to log in and check first thing Sunday morning and almost didn't catch that it didn't say sold out. I was able to purchase and shortly after it said sold out again.

I log out and log back in. I'm never sure if my browser history will make it show sold out if I just refresh. I'm not the most tech savvy but figured it wouldn't hurt to log out and then back in.

I log out and log back in. I'm never sure if my browser history will make it show sold out if I just refresh. I'm not the most tech savvy but figured it wouldn't hurt to log out and then back in.

Yeah that's what I worry about.I'm not sure if I'm really refreshing or seeing a cached version of the page...I mean, I'm a geek but I'm no google.

I sail in 46 days and scored FTTF last week. I had checked at 3pm and it still said sold out. At 6:30pm there was a posting on our FB group that it was available again. Keep trying and try at various (random; since there seems to be no pattern here) times. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We're booked on the Vista on 12/31/16 and want to purchase FTTF. It's not even showing as an option under Miami shore excursions. I'm assuming this means it hasn't been offered yet for this sailing. I imagine if it was sold out that it would show and state as such. Any thoughts?

Carnival does put more FTTFs up for sale. The amount they put up for sale is based on the number of diamond and platinums that book the cruise. Keep looking, good luck.

I have heard this many times, but I often wonder about what the criteria is. On a Journeys cruise we were on, there were over 600 Plats & Diamonds, yet they opened up more FTTF's two weeks before the cruise. I know this because I was looking at excursions, and there it was.

Does that mean that if there were "only" 100 Plats, they would sell an additional 500 FTTF's? How many do they actually sell on an average cruise. It must be a lot because there are many who say that they will not cruise without it, and most on these boards seem to get it if they are patient and persistent.

Anyway, OP good luck and keep at it!