Getting off Oasis/Allure at ports

Although this might be a silly question, we always had a challenge getting off our first cruise (different ship). At which deck do you get off when at port, and are they roughly in the same place whether Port or Starboard? I'm looking to mark this off on our map of the ship.

Although this might be a silly question, we always had a challenge getting off our first cruise (different ship). At which deck do you get off when at port, and are they roughly in the same place whether Port or Starboard? I'm looking to mark this off on our map of the ship.

Nice thing about Oasis and Allure is that you just get in the elevator and press the gangway button. The elevator takes you to the proper deck.

Not a silly question as I encountered other passengers who were confused and didn't know which deck to get off on.

On the elevators there is a button with an illuminated star that says "gangway." Press this button and the automated voice tells you when to get off. Then follow the electronic signs to the gangway (big flashing arrows direct the way). Usually in the morning the elevator will drop you at Deck 3 and then you take an escalator down to the gangway on Deck 2. In the afternoon they reverse the escalator so when you get back on you go back up to Deck 3. If the escalator is running in the opposite direction (let's say you get back on the ship early) you walk directly to the elevators on Deck 2. At Port Everglades, the gangway button takes you to Deck 5.

Allure and I presume Oasis were designed to load and unload on the starboard side, which is why they sometimes back the ship into port. The gangways are near the forward and aft elevators.

As a follow up to the original question, what identification is required to re-board the ship after being at a port? Sea Pass card, Passport?? As always, Thank you for your help.

As a follow up to the original question, what identification is required to re-board the ship after being at a port? Sea Pass card, Passport?? As always, Thank you for your help.

SeaPass card at a minimum. Some ports also require a government issued photo ID.

It makes sense to bring a photo ID in case you lose the SeaPass card, as I almost did on Labadee when it fell out of my pocket. Also you may need photo ID for other reasons while you are ashore.

Thanks as always folks. But just to clarify. Passports are not required when re-boarding the ship in Labadee, San Juan and St Maarten? But a driver license and Sea Pass should be sufficient?

Thanks as always folks. But just to clarify. Passports are not required when re-boarding the ship in Labadee, San Juan and St Maarten? But a driver license and Sea Pass should be sufficient?

Correct.