1st Time Royal Caribbean/ Galveston Questions :)

I vote for Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel. Book it on shoreexcursions on line for a discount, transportation is not included. Mr. Sanchos all inclusive is fantastic - you can order any food and drink off their menu all day long. They do serve a buffet, but we always order off the menu. The water toys, etc are extra, but the kayaks are included in the price. Check them out on line. Recommend cave tubing in Belize.

Best to stay in Galveston, but hotels are very expensive in the summer. Try some of the big on line travel sites, they usually have hotels that don't require a 2 night minimum.

Carla

We just did this itinerary in April and loved it, although we went out of Tampa. I can not recommend highly enough http://cavetubing.bz/ in Belize. First class company. You can check out the numerous rave reviews on Trip Advisor for them.

2 years ago, we tried to do this itinerary out of Galveston (oil spill trip). We stayed at the Hilton Island Resort (sounds more expensive than it is) in Galveston. Great hotel, location and service.

Enjoy!

Erika

We are going on our first RC in the fall. We have done 2 Carnival cruises, they port out of LA so we can just drive there so they were just quick& easy (& cheap) vacations. We wanted to try RC so thought Galveston wouldnt be too difficult (were in AZ). Well (I didnt do my research obviously) you cant fly into Galveston, so you have to fly into Hobby then get a hotel, then get a car to the port. Then I see Galveston has banned Uber. Sorry I digress lol, here are my questions:

• Is the $100 taxi ride our best option?
  • Is Hobby better to stay in or Galveston?

The cruise we are doing is the Roatan, Cozumel, Belize. Any feedback on any of these exercursions that we have picked out:

• Roatan: BOSS Underwater Adventure Observer
  • Cozumel: DELUXE BEACH BREAK AND PLAYA MIA WATER PARK
  • Belize: JAGUAR PAW CAVE TUBING & JUNGLE TREK WITH LUNCH

And my last questions (for now):

• I know with Carnival, we could bring on 1 bottle wine/champagne each. Is this allowed at RC?
  • Is the drink package worth it? I am going back & forth on this

THANK YOU for all of your feedback & any other thoughts/tips are also greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

we cruised out of Galveston a couple years ago. Used a shuttle company, Cool Tours. Was $150 return for 2 people. Stayed at Galveston beach hotel. Decent hotel, right across from the Gulf. If the price is right I would stay there again.

Thank you again everyone! I have one more question. We will be arriving in Galveston early - does anyone know how early we can check out luggage so we dont have to haul it around with us in Galveston. We were hoping to do some light sightseeing until boarding.

thank you!

Thank you again everyone! I have one more question. We will be arriving in Galveston early - does anyone know how early we can check out luggage so we dont have to haul it around with us in Galveston. We were hoping to do some light sightseeing until boarding.

thank you!

I'll bet you could drop bags as early as 10am.

Another vote for Nachi Cocom in Cozumel. My suggestion for Roatan would be Maya Chan and for Belize it would be Goff's Caye. We book all of these independently.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I vote for Nachi Cocum also. Maya Key is in Roatan and also gets my vote but you can't book it independently anymore. Only through RCI. Maya Chan is in Costa Maya.

I vote for Nachi Cocum also. Maya Key is in Roatan and also gets my vote but you can't book it independently anymore. Only through RCI. Maya Chan is in Costa Maya.

Ohh you're right, I'm getting all of my Chans and Cayes mixed up. I actually meant Little French Key in Roatan and if you were going to Costa Maya, my choice is Maya Chan!!!

Ohh you're right, I'm getting all of my Chans and Cayes mixed up. I actually meant Little French Key in Roatan and if you were going to Costa Maya, my choice is Maya Chan!!!

I know!! I get them mixed up all the time! Luckily, they are all wonderful!! :D

I have checked flights out of Palm Springs, Ca and they don't fly into Hobby but if we drove 125 miles West to LAX, we could. Our crusie is July 2, 2017, so was looking at staying at the Marriott right at the Airport and getting a shuttle both ways. Still working out the cost. We have friends in Houston and have plans to meet for dinner.

Consider Little French Key in Roatan. Not available through RCI but easy to set up DYI via internet. Convenient van pick-up/drop off just outside port gates. Beautiful private island for an all day outing. No crowding when we went and plenty to do. We'll definitely do it again.