Vista Sister!

brepri_h

I would love to cruise a first voyage. Maybe I need to start saving...

I've thought it would be fun to. however from reading the forums, there always seem to be things that are closed and/or not quite finished on the first voyage. The same seems to be true for a ship just out of drydock.

My vote is for Carnival Seascape. I'm more curious where they will homeport her. How far along did they name Miami for Vista? Anyone remember?

February 2015 if I remember correctly. I'm hoping they either move Vista to New Orleans or place the new ship there in place of the Dream.

Vista went on sale in Feb 2015 and I booked the day it came out. Patiently waiting for Vista 2 as my group is hoping to book the inaugural.

I would LOVE to book an inaugural cruise someday! What an experience that must be!

I'd really like to see a unique name, not just one from another existing ship that says "Carnival" before it.

Horizon = Celebrity, now with Pullmantur (both RCI owned)

Reflection = Celebrity

Also, there are ship names that are no longer being used that one could choose from. Such as Galaxy, Mercury, Titanic (:D)

A little creativity never hurt!

February 2015 if I remember correctly. I'm hoping they either move Vista to New Orleans or place the new ship there in place of the Dream.

Vista II will go to Miami;

Vista I will go to Galveston;

Breeze will go to Port Canaveral;

Magic will go to New Orleans;

Dream will go to Fort Lauderdale;

One of the Conquest ships will move to the West Coast via the new larger Panama Canal.

Just my predictions.

I'd really like to see a unique name, not just one from another existing ship that says "Carnival" before it.

Reflection = Celebrity

Also, there are ship names that are no longer being used that one could choose from. Such as Galaxy, Mercury, Titanic (:D)

Both the Breeze and the Vista are two names that are not used by any other cruise line. I can see how "Horizon" would follow the theme of the Vista name.

OTOH, Carnival hasn't followed through with the ship class names on the last class - Dream Class has Dream & Magic (both similar in name meaning) and then the Breeze. Prior to that though, the theme of the Ship Class Names was consistent.

You've been able to book on the Vista for quite some time. She sailed on Sunday headed for the US. Already got my September 2017 cruise booked on her!!!!

Not headed to the US yet. SHe is doing a European season first, then heading to the US in late October/ early November. We are booked on Oct 1 for a 10 day Mediterranean cruise out of Barcelona to Athens. The cruise after ours is Athens to Barcelona, and then the transatlantic.

I think there should be an honesty in naming thing happening. So I would just call it what it really is. Which should be either

1. Hurry up and take my Money

or

2. Empty Pockets

Based on some of the liquor bills I've incurred onboard or have seen from others we are with the cruise itself could be free and they would still make a killing lol.

Carnival may have "many" new cruise ships planned, but are they ALL for Carnival Cruise Lines?

Actually none of the announced orders currently in place for Carnival Corp are for Carnival Cruise Line except the Vista class ship being discussed here that is coming out in 2018. Currently it looks like Aida has three ships on order (2017, 2019 and 2020) in addition to their new ship this year. Princess has three ships on order (2017, 2019, 2020). Costa has four ships on order (two in 2019, two in 2020). HAL has a sister ship to Koningsdam coming in 2018. And P&O Australia will be getting a new ship in either 2019 or 2020.

Not headed to the US yet. SHe is doing a European season first, then heading to the US in late October/ early November. We are booked on Oct 1 for a 10 day Mediterranean cruise out of Barcelona to Athens. The cruise after ours is Athens to Barcelona, and then the transatlantic.

...and then me ;)!

Edited by cv322

Reflection = Celebrity

Yep ;)...I did the Celebrity Horizon a couple of times...I remember thinking it was sooooo huge at the time!