Breeze vs Freedom vs Liberty

Robotcake

I like the itinerary best on Breeze (Key West, 2 stops in Bahamas) and see many good reviews. The water park looks really cool. We have kids aged 1-7 and have only cruised on Royal but kept running across families on RCI who sang the praises for Carnival. What ship do y'all prefer?

The Breeze is the best and newest of the 3 and if you have kids it has the most for them so I'd go with the Breeze.

That being said I had a great time on the Liberty and am going on the Freedom next year which is just like the Liberty.

What date are you looking at?

Nov 26, 2017. I was comparing it to the same date for RCI's Liberty but I like what I am hearing about Carnival and prefer the itinerary.

Thanks for all the input!

The Breeze would definitely win since it is the second newest ship in the fleet so it has more bells and whistles that the others don't have like the Ropes Course, Thrill Theater (upcharge), Sushi Restaurant (upcharge), water works with better slides, and I'm sure I'm missing a few other things.

Royal Caribbean doesn't go to the Key West and Bahamas route out of Galveston. So even if you find out you like Royal Caribbean better, you will have at least gone on the itinerary out of Galveston that is exclusive to Carnival.

Oh, I saw those. Why do you prefer that sort of balcony?

They are very private and they are close to the water's surface. I love the cove balconies much more than regular balconies.

On the Breeze if you are on a regular balcony, you will be looking down at the wide promenade that circles the ship and could be bothered by noise or smoke if you are above a smoking area, bar, or hot tub.

I like the Freedom. Sailing number two scheduled for October. That being said the Breeze would be better. My kids had a blast but there is a little lacking in that department in my opinion.

FYI....since I see you have kids starting at 1, keep in mind that those children who are not potty trained aren't allowed in any of the waterworks/pool areas and swim diapers aren't allowed either. I've seen this issue came up quite a few times.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

They are very private and they are close to the water's surface. I love the cove balconies much more than regular balconies.

On the Breeze if you are on a regular balcony, you will be looking down at the wide promenade that circles the ship and could be bothered by noise or smoke if you are above a smoking area, bar, or hot tub.

We experienced that on the Magic out of Galveston. I think the Magic is just like the Breeze. Nice ships. Went to Key West, and two ports in the Bahamas. The Magic has two water slide twisters. I rode the meanest one.

We'll be on the Liberty in July. It's just like the Conquest and I thought the Conquest was a great ship.

Edited by oldvato

I've been on the Breeze, Liberty and Freedom each twice. And though I like them all, I have to say the Breeze was our favorite.

The only thing I really missed from the Liberty and Freedom was the fish and chips option for lunch.

But you will have a great cruise on any one of them!

In my opinion I'll pick the Liberty ...

We went on the liberty last year and absolutely loved it, my daughter is 2 and she loved the water area of the liberty , we just go off the breeze yesterday and it was a disappointment .. The ship itself is beautiful but is crowded!! You cannot get to the pools, water works or whirlpools (only the ones on deck 5) . I would never sail again in this ship