Anyone else bored with the Steakhouse menu?

I would love to see some split king crab legs. As it stands now there is nothing on the menu that entices me to go, especially since I'm not a steak eater and Lobster tail is not a favorite of mine. DH would love to go but we can't justify it for me. If he wants a steak house entrée now he would have to order it from the MDR menu and I know he won't then because there are too me included items for him to choose from so he won't want to pay extra.

I would like to see it stay the same but with the addition to one of the following:

1.Daily special for app, entree, side, desert, or any combination of them.

2. Ship Specific addition

3. Port specific, either embarkation port or one of the Ports of call on the sailing.

The one change I didn't like is the Porterhouse steak not being on there anymore. Outside of that The menu is fine with me. Then again I'm one of those people that when I go to a restaurant I usually order from a couple different things every time I go there. Find something I like I just stick with it. :)

Only been to The Steakhouse twice and loved it, but, since we cruise a lot, we don't make a habit of going. All I would need was a filet on the menu, but a smaller one. For me it's too big. I can't finish it and i don't want to waste it. While I love cheesecake, after a full meal, it's not only way too big, it's way too rich. I could eat cheesecake without any sweetener in it at all and love it as I'm not a sugar fan. With those two things being an issue, we just don't go.

Especially the sides and desserts?? I go at least once every cruise, and have since it was introduced as "The Supper Club" and I love the experience but I've really tired of the menu.

I'm pretty ok with the main menu, but the dessert menu is pitiful. As a person that has an allergy to nuts and bananas (those two usually go hand in hand as I've come to learn), the dessert menu is pretty slim pickings and uninspired for a fee added restaurant.

The least they could do is toss in the Melting Cake as an option.

I'm pretty ok with the main menu, but the dessert menu is pitiful. As a person that has an allergy to nuts and bananas (those two usually go hand in hand as I've come to learn), the dessert menu is pretty slim pickings and uninspired for a fee added restaurant.

Or maybe a milk chocolate / white chocolate Marble Melting cake? Just to set it apart from the dining room of course.

They can change away as long as they don't touch my cowboy steak and cheesecake. We eat there once a cruise and I look forward to these items.

I agree the cowboy steak and cheesecake are my favorites. I also love tghe mashed pototoes.

Adding Lobster Mac, au gratin potatoes and asparagus sound like good ideas.

I would love to see some split king crab legs. As it stands now there is nothing on the menu that entices me to go, especially since I'm not a steak eater and Lobster tail is not a favorite of mine. DH would love to go but we can't justify it for me. If he wants a steak house entrée now he would have to order it from the MDR menu and I know he won't then because there are too me included items for him to choose from so he won't want to pay extra.

King crab legs would definitely be welcome by me.

I would like to see it stay the same but with the addition to one of the following:

1.Daily special for app, entree, side, desert, or any combination of them.

2. Ship Specific addition

3. Port specific, either embarkation port or one of the Ports of call on the sailing.

Love these ideas.

Yes, some kind of molten lava cake is generally a steakhouse staple. Would love to see some version of this added.

Thanks everyone, for your thoughts.

We have only been to the steakhouse once, on the Breeze in 2014.

We LOVED it.

Since we only cruise once a year, usually, I wouldn't see myself getting "bored" with the menu.

It was probably one of the best steaks I've ever had (Cowboy something)

And the cheesecake??????:eek::eek:

We rolled out of there.:D

As another poster said, if I find something I love, I usually stick with it.

I absolutely second the original poster. Aside from changing from a supper club to a steakhouse (thereby divesting itself of the ambiance of both live entertainment and a dress code) and an increase in price, things have not changed in the steakhouse since I first went there with my DW TEN YEARS AGO. We've also seen subtle changes in the quality of the food, too: this past April, we found the cowboy steak, usually my wife's favorite, to be rather fatty, and the past couple of cruises, we found the mushrooms to be really, really overcooked. Don't get me wrong, we always love the steakhouse experience, and it is great value for the price -- and in fact, I think aside from my wife's homemade version, you won't find a better French onion soup anywhere. Still, I thoroughly believe that you can have a daily special, and there is absolutely no question that the dessert menu, especially the Chocolate Sampler, needs to be 86ed and completely revamped. I'd never recommend anyone not to go to the steakhouse, especially if you're on a ship with otherwise limited additional dining options, but really, Carnival, take a good look at the menu and see what you can do about freshening it up!

I cruise Carnival 2 or 3 times a year and always go to the steakhouse several nights on each cruise. There is more variety than in the mdr and the quality is much higher- both the food and the service. I have yet to get bored with the menu ( unlike the Chef's table which has had the exact same thing for the last 5 times I've participated). However, I do think the dessert menu needs a crème brulee and a richer chocolate dessert. But whatever they do with the sides please don't touch the wasabi mashed potatoes- I dream about them!

I like the menu, although I would like some more times added to give a more extensive selection. The three times I've been in Fahrenheit, I've ordered the Cowboy Steak with baked potato and broccoli. When we sail in June I'll probably get the Surf and Turf, or Lamb Chops with spinach to strict it up.

Especially the sides and desserts?? I go at least once every cruise, and have since it was introduced as "The Supper Club" and I love the experience but I've really tired of the menu.

As a whole the menu has seen little to no change since it was introduced. One change I remember is the removal of the fan favorite porterhouse steak. If anyone remembers any others, please let me know!

I would love to see new side dishes such as potatoes au gratin, lobster macaroni and cheese, sweet potato soufflé, maybe some asparagus? And the desserts...the cheesecake is big and not much else. The chocolate sampler is great and don't want to see it go but please, some variety! Would love a bread pudding, some mousse, creme brulee, some kind of cake, anything to change it up a bit.

They change the Chef's Table all the time. Why not the Steakhouse?

I was bored with my one and only visit. I felt like I was missing something in the MDR and missed our new friends. And simply found it wasn't worth the cost, especially when we had already paid for 4 uneaten meals downstairs.

Random question - are any of the steaks bone-in? My hubby is part caveman and loves meat on the bone. :)

Yes, there is one (I believe it to be the cowboy steak) which has bone in.

It would be nice if they had one speciality appetizer and dessert of the day.

This way they could still feature their beloved standards with something new thrown in each day.

.Sent from my VS880 using Forums mobile app

Love this idea. That way there would be some change, but keep the favorites.

For myself, I looked at all the sides, got Mash and some sort of gravy thing. The gravy was awful! Seriously does the US do gravy differently than Canada?? It was sweet! What is up with that?! Not for me. Didn't end up eating my side at all. Seriously could be so much better.

As someone allergic to seafood, I would love to see a few more options on the appetizer menu. There's like eight choices and only two aren't seafood: A mushroom or bucket of French onion soup. They're good. Would just like another option.

It would be nice if they had one speciality appetizer and dessert of the day.

This way they could still feature their beloved standards with something new thrown in each day.

Sent from my VS880 using Forums mobile app

The ice cream flavor does change daily in the steakhouse.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The ice cream flavor does change daily in the steakhouse.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It does and they have some very good ones. Unique as well. We were dining there last cruise and my daughter ordered the cheesecake which is huge and my son in law order the ice cream which comes as two small scoops (smaller than the ones served in the MDR). After placed he looked at her cheese cake and his ice cream size diff and said HEY