Future Cruise Credit Form

KPfromCT

I am slightly annoyed right now.......

We had a cruise planned on the Magic for July, which we cancelled.

We were booked ES, so we lost the $150 deposit. (booked under $50 deposit sale).

Remaining balance of $225.

Ending up booking our first RCCL cruise this year, on Oasis.

Wanted to book Vista for next June. They told me to fill out the form and it would take 7-10 days to process. So, while filling out the form, it asks for your new booking number, ship, etc. And those fields are mandatory.

So, with this credit, we cannot apply it to the deposit? It would have to go towards the balance?

Anyone have these turned around within a day or two, or is it truly almost two weeks?

Thanks!!!:D

That is correct that you cannot use it towards your deposit. Having a good PVP is invaluable at times like this. If you don't have one, then call the 800 number and hope you get someone who knows what they're doing.

I don't fill out forms. I call my PVP and he handles it right then and there.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Im with fireman, a good pvp knocks all of this out for you. You will have to pay the deposit for the cruise up front, but who cares. The point is to use the money you have towards your balance. Call your pvp, its like having an inside man and you dont have to do anything but pay lol

We are waiting for a credit to be applied to my sister's new booking. She booked her new cruise this past Sunday and we were told it takes 1-2 weeks for the money to be applied to the balance. She paid her deposit for the new booking.

We are waiting for a credit to be applied to my sister's new booking. She booked her new cruise this past Sunday and we were told it takes 1-2 weeks for the money to be applied to the balance. She paid her deposit for the new booking.

If she would have called her PVP it would be instant. I have done this before. I have no patience for forms :)

Edited by firemanbobswife

If she would have called her PVP it would be instant. I have done this before. I have no patience for forms :)

So, with that being said, if I were to put the cruise on a 48 hour hold, could a PVP get it done that quick, so it CAN be applied to the deposit?:D:D

So, with that being said, if I were to put the cruise on a 48 hour hold, could a PVP get it done that quick, so it CAN be applied to the deposit?:D:D

It cannot be applied to the deposit. You will need to put that down immediately. The PVP can then have the FCC applied to your booking right away.

He told me that the way it is coded, that it won't show as cash down and the computer won't recognize it as an initial payment so if he were to use it for a deposit, the system would automatically cancel the booking.

I believe the only exception to this is if you had canceled and rebooked in the same phone call. Then it could be applied to the deposit. At least that is what others on here have experienced.

He told me that the way it is coded, that it won't show as cash down and the computer won't recognize it as an initial payment so if he were to use it for a deposit, the system would automatically cancel the booking.

I believe the only exception to this is if you had canceled and rebooked in the same phone call. Then it could be applied to the deposit. At least that is what others on here have experienced.

Yes, we cancelled and re-booked at same time so our deposit transferred to new booking.